“I don't usually like these sorts of things but I found this one to be pretty great.”
Review of Miniature World

Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart Gardens Tour by Bus
Ranked #14 of 182 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unique Tourist Attraction in Victoria, British Columbia. Located in the famous Empress Hotel. Awarded the Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor! Over 85 miniaturized dioramas. Further adventures, tiny treasures and little pleasures await all who continue into Frontier Land, Fantasy Land, The Great Canadian Railway,The Fields of Glory, Space 2201, Circus World,The Enchanted Valley of Castles, Old London Town of 1670 & The World of Dollhouses. Special effects in lighting, sound and animation are added to create this miniaturized extravaganza that continues to thrill and delight the young and young at heart! Our latest and greatest creation, "King Arthur's Camelot" is now open, adding 11 new exhibits to our existing collection.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Mesa, Arizona
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Enough "small" talk; I'll get straight to the review. It was fun and impressive. It started off a little slow, but quickly got pretty amazing. The miniatures were incredibly detailed and extensive. This attraction looked, from the entry, to be just a tiny little place. It was actually huge (in a tiny sort of way). There were lots of exhibits with many different subject matters. This should be high on your list of things to do in Victoria.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My 6-year-old's favourite Victoria attraction”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you asked my son where to go in Victoria he would definitely say, with no hesitation, Miniature World! He especially likes the sci-fi display on the way in, and the Canadian geography/history diorama where you can make the trains start and stop. I find the large number of war and battle scenes a bit depressing but that's part of our history too. Young kids will find lots of familiar friends in the Fairy Tale room, and girls of all ages will be fascinated with the intricate dollhouse collection. Circus fans need to save some time for the last room!

It's very much self-guided with little to no staff interaction beyond the entrance gate, but the front-of-house staff has been very friendly and helpful at both our recent visits.

Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great time for the whole family”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This attraction captured the imagination attention of both us parents as well as our 5-year-old and 11-year-old. The admissions clerk told us it would take 45 minutes to an hour for the self-guided tour but I would guess that we spent well over that amount of time fully engaged in the delightful exhibit. In other words we definitely got our money's worth for the price admission. As soon as we stepped into the first hallway, a darkened space satellite scene with blue lights and sci-fi-ish feel to it, my 11-year-old exclaimed "this is totally worth it!" The dioramas throughout were interesting and well-maintained. Plus there were lots of buttons to push to make things move to keep my five-year-old excited and engaged. Highly recommend!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Fauxnomen
Victoria
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Well ... quite good if not exactly very good.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

It was larger and better than I had expected. Some of the displays were truly outstanding. Can be a little crowded when in the busy season. The physical exit was a little anti-climatic ... would be nice to have something stronger to end the visit. Worth a visit on a cloudy day.

Vancouver, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nostalgic and Fun”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I first came as a child and it was oodles of fun seeing the pint sized models of famous buildings and landscapes. Revisiting as an adult with my boyfriend was equally enjoyable on a different aspect; I was more appreciative of the fine details put into each display, and took the time to read the descriptions on the historic scenes that were depicted.
I recommend this to history buffs, as well as fans of models and figurines. The space odyssey and fairy tale sections were more appealing to us as children, but still pretty neat. The dollhouses were cute, just as I remembered them. Be sure to look for the ghost in one of the attics!