“Great Location and Amazing Pool”

Hotel Grand Pacific
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel was perfect for our family's 1 night in Victoria. We booked a balcony room using airline miles, and we were delighted to get a partial view of the bay.

The hotel has a classical decor with chandeliers and gorgeous carpets. The room furniture is classical and the bathrooms are very luxurious and seem to be recently renovated. The location is right in the middle of the action, steps from the Ferry terminal, and looks right on to the harbor, Fairmont, and Parliament building.

The best part was the large 25 yard short course pool located in the hotel's fitness center. It was absolutely lovely.

Room Tip: Get a view of the harbor.
1  Thank kittytraveler
James F, Director of Sales at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your short stay with us. We have recently updated a number of features around the hotel including our guest hallway carpeting, I'm so happy you appreciated it. We look forward to welcome you back, hopefully for a longer stay.

Warm regards,

James Fry
Director, Sales and Marketing.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Grand Pacific several times recently
The Hotel is wonderfully located and the facilities and rooms are of a superb standard
The staff are professional and extremely helpful
Also the restaurant provides reasonable and excellent meals
Overall an Outstanding place to stay

Room Tip: The south side is quiet but I recommend the North side for the harbour view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chue32
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and very well kept in a great location right across the harbour. I had a few issues however which is why I can't give it a higher rating much as I'd like to. Check in on my confirmation stated 3pm. We arrived at 2:30pm and our room wasn't ready which was fine since we were early. They said they would call when the room was ready. An hour later the room still wasn't ready and I called them from my cell as I was getting frustrated. I was travelling with my elderly mother who by this time was exhausted from travelling and from the heat wave (this was a few weeks ago). We did not get in our room until after 4pm. The manager did compensate us with discounts at the restaurant and by paying for our parking. Once we got into the room I have to admit it was gorgeous with a stunning view of the harbour. So, it was worth the wait. My other issue is that the wifi was horrific. Very difficult to get work done if that's important to you. The restaurant on site was very good with tasty food and good service.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view. It's worth it.
2  Thank Linda G
elrosesk, General Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with accessing your room. I appreciate that your mother was tired and wanted to rest. Our check-in is stated for 3:00pm but occasionally it is challenging to clean all the rooms by that time on days when the Hotel is sold out. Hence, the compensation after 3:00pm.

I am also sorry about the wireless internet service. We were in the midst of upgrading our bandwidth when you were staying with us and we had connectivity issues. The "bugs" have been worked out and our internet has great connectivity now and is 3 times faster.

Thank you kindly for your nice comments about our Hotel and location. We think our location is one of if not the best on the Inner Harbour.

Thank you also for your feedback and patronage.

Kind regards,

Reid James

Reviewed July 20, 2014

right across from the harbor. lots and lots of tourists, Starbucks across the street... nice room, nice beauty aids.. little balcony... but the parking lot is not great... some awkward spaces that my little car had difficulty getting out of. ( and its $18 per day) there is street parking around there.
Close to Government St and tourist stores. Excessive amount of no smoking signs. Friendly staff.

3  Thank jkuteshoes
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Arriving late we got a good rate and were shown to a large room on the 2nd floor. Everything was fine, beds were comfortable and bathroom was lovely. Staff helpful. Great location 5 mins walk to harbour and centre of town.

2  Thank HVD_12
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a great rate with a MasterCard one day free option for ou 7 day stay. Family with two adults and two children (8 & 6 yrs old). Suite with harbour view was good and the location is excellent right next to the Inner Harbour. Kids enjoyed feeding the ducks with Joe. The big, big let down was room service and general dining facilities, poor staff with limited English as waiters, and an aburd cost of U$100,00 for a in-room breakfast with each item (Croissant, muffins etc.) charged separately at an absurd rate. The main restaurant had very limited options and they had closed down their top end restaurant. Overall for the rate we obtained and as a family option I would recommend this hotel, but I think there are better options in Victoria for couples or business travellers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BrunoBenevolo
EmoryHaines, Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Hotel Grand Pacific. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your room and that your children enjoyed feeding the ducks.

I am surprised to hear that you found the options for dining limited as we have a very large selection of items.

I would like to highlight that we do offer a variety of dining options in the Hotel for breakfast; the Pacific Restaurant offers a breakfast buffet which is the largest and most extensive option at $19.50 per person, along with a selection of a la carte options ranging in price from $9 for lighter fare to a $13 - $16 range for full breakfasts. Additionally, we have our Courtyard Cafe on the Concourse level which offers breakfast sandwiches, pastries, oatmeal, egg dishes and parfaits for guests who are on the go or who prefer a less formal dining option. The average price of these items is $6.50. The Courtyard Cafe also offers lunch items, the most popular being our selection of Panini’s at $8.50 and Asian Rice Bowls at 7.50. The same culinary team who produce the meals in the Pacific Restaurant also prepare the offerings in the Courtyard Café. We have children menus in both that are quite inexpensive.

We regularly complete comparisons between our menus and pricing and those of the hotels and restaurants surrounding us and have found that we are offering more choice than most and charging less than some of the well-known local restaurants on particular items!

There are many other options available in Victoria for dining and if you choose not to have breakfast with us. Please let us know next time and we will be happy to outline some of them for you.

As a hotel that has built its reputation on service I am sorry that you felt that the prices were excessive. I hope I have made clear the many inexpensive dining options at the Hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that we see you again.

Regards,
Emory Haines
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in June. We had 2 rooms and a Suite overlooking the inner harbour. The hotel has excellent facilities, was spotless and the staff were so friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant as we arrived late on the Friday night and the food was superb! The hotel is in a terrific location, just leave the car and walk everywhere. I would highly recommend The Hotel Grand Pacific.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family