“Room exceeded expectations”

Hotel Grand Pacific
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
“Room exceeded expectations”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked this room on a discounted special so was not expecting much more than a closet. i was totally wrong. Room was lovely with a fully accessible bathroom. It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Also, went to the lounge on a Friday evening and was delighted when a trio started playing some jazz. Excellent!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked this hotel through a third party booking site. Prior to booking, we called the hotel to confirm there would be two beds for our party of four. After checking in, and with room keys in hand, the Manager stopped to inform us that will be charged an additional fee as we had four persons in the room. This fee amounted to OVER 60% OF THE INTIAL RESERVATION COST !!!

We told (and showed) the manager that the booking site did not allow us to specify the number of guests. We also explained that the fee was not disclosed to us by the staff and it was unfair to charge us now while we were walking up to the room. The manager was totally unreasonable and refused to waive the 60% INCREASE IN ROOM FEES.

Who does that?
FYI the hotel is a little worn down and dated.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank izims
EmoryHaines, Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. I am sorry that your stay did not meet expectations.

I was quite concerned about your comments and as a team we spent a great deal of time discussing your experience and reviewing the booking process on all of the online travel agencies that sell our hotel rooms.

We made a number of mistakes and I apologize.
We failed to see that the online agent had indicated our extra charges. We have now corrected this.
When you contacted us we failed to confirm how many people would be the room and make you aware of the additional charge.
Thus our Guest Service Agent noted as you were leaving the desk that there were four people in the room. This lead to our hotel manager relaying the information to you about extra charges. We failed to deal with our mistake in a professional manner
We have used these last two issues as a training opportunity for our staff.
We pride ourselves on providing award winning service and exceeding guest expectations and clearly, in this case, we did not.

I have removed the extra charges and mailed you confirmation of this.

Thank you for your constructive feedback and observations from your recent visit. Your reflections are greatly appreciated as it allows us to review our services to continue delivering exceptional guest experiences. We hope to have the privilege and pleasure of serving you again the next time you are in the city for either business or pleasure.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 1-800-663-7550.

Regards,
Emory Haines
Director of Operations
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The staff went far and beyond in making our stay such a memorable occasion. When our room wasn't ready, we were upgraded us to a Suite, without any problems and we were absolutlely thrilled. The view was magnificent, facing the harbour. The location is perfect as it is literally across the street from the harbour. Our suite was gorgeous, including heated marble floor in the bathroom and towel warmers.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view and corner suites have harbour for sure.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Hotel Grand Pacific is my choice for business trips to beautiful Victoria. I’ve stayed here a number of times and have never had a bad experience. On the most recent occasion an early flight saw me arrive at the hotel at 10:00 am but this was no problem; a warm friendly greeting from the check-in clerk and I was offered the choice of waiting for my reserved room or taking a alternate. This approach to accommodating the guest is what makes all the difference for me. I’ve always found the rooms and service to be excellent and the harbour front location close to many attractions and amenities can’t be beat. If you like to walk or run outside the options are endless, however, the hotel also offers a first rate fitness centre with lots of static equipment options and a pool.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Salt Spring Island, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful getaway. From the moment we arrived we had a friendly greeting and helpful advice at the front desk, were given a complimentary upgrade to a two balcony suite overlooking the harbour, very nice and a nice welcome gift. That evening we dined in the restaurant and took advantage of the early seating which featured a three course meal for only $14.95, my wife never made it to the third course however , just too full. I enjoyed Crab cakes and scallops from the regular menu and we both enjoy some great apple martinis too. ( We are now making them at home). The next morning we had a couples massage, only my second massage and they really gave me the gears...but I am now standing straighter, feeling happier so I have decided I have to do that on a monthly basis thereforewell worth it. I slept in so was unable to make it to breakfast before my spa appointment so I am unable to review that.I look forward to my next quick getaway there and I would highly recommend it. I slept in so was unable to make it to breakfast before my spa appointment so I am unable to review that.

Room Tip: They all appear to be nice but I do understand they are renovating so they should be even nicer when...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth P
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel on business. I was a little concerned about the security of the building as it is right in the Harbour centre and I was able to drive into the underground parking, park my car and go straight up to my room from the underground parking without swiping my hotel security card. That being said, it was a clean room, comfortable bed and very friendly service. The access to the pool was a little strange, but once I found it I have to say it was a nice facility. The location is excellent!

Room Tip: I was worried that because my room was right next to the elevator that there would be excessive nois...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sarahbeara007
Greater Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Excellent hotel and excellent service. However you MUST receive a printed newspaper everyday. Like most hotels they claim environmental concern by giving you the option to wash towels but no option with the paper because they have signed an agreement!

• Stayed March 2014