“This was my third time to stay at the Hotel Grand Pacific” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Grand Pacific

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Grand Pacific
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Dallas, Texas
“This was my third time to stay at the Hotel Grand Pacific”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was my third time to stay at the Hotel Grand Pacific. This time my wife and I took three children from our extended family.

We came over on the early sailing of the Victoria Clipper and got to the Hotel Grand Pacific at around 11:00 am. They were very accommodating in letting us store our luggage. Also, one of the kids got sick on the ferry ride over and needed to clean up. They gave us a key to the fitness center so he could shower and change cloths. They then offered to have the clothes cleaned but also directed us to a local laundromat where we could wash them at a much cheaper price (very helpful).

We asked to check in early , but they didn't have our room available. They then got our phone number and said they'd cll us as soon as our room was available. They called us at 1:00 pm - well ahead of the official 3:00 pm check in.

When we got to our room we found that we didn't have a harbor view. I double checked my reservation and saw that I had not reserved a harbor view room. We called the front desk and they immediately moved us to a fantastic harbor view family suite for an upgrade charge of $30. I was very happy and pleased to pay the $30 for a truly fantastic room with views of the harbor, Parliament and the Fairmont Princess.

The next day they held our luggage for us since we were taking the late sailing of the Victoria Clipper.

Once again, my experience with the Hotel Grand Pacific was fantastic.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view room
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed 16 - 21 June 2013
6th floor, end of the hall on the legislature side (608?)

We enjoyed the hotel, the room was fine. TV didn't work very well, even after several calls to the front desk. Internet was ok for speed and access. Bed was comfortable as was the comforter. There was a desk and task chair, table and chairs, closet with bathrobes. Bathroom was ok as well. The toilet ran for a LONG time and was a bit noisy. Tub was a reasonable depth for taking a bath. There was a sink in the bathroom and another just outside the door, which is handy for getting ready.

The view from our room was outstanding. We had a wonderful view of the inner harbour and a nice little balcony to enjoy it from.

Parking is $16 a night/day, but if you park for the day it is $7 - feels like a big rip off.

Ate in the lounge and while the food was good (I had ceaser salad and a cider). Both were small. The cider was served in a champagne flute - I think a mug is more appropriate. The cost for both was $20. The service was outstanding.

Glad I got to stay here, the ride in the elevator is outstanding as it is glass and the view is great.

The reason I gave this hotel 4/5 is because of the view and location. Without the view I might give it a 3/5.

I probably wouldn't return because I think other hotels I have stayed in Victoria offer better value.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the harbour, it is so gorgeous.
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My mother and I visited Victoria for a week and were very pleased to be staying at the Grand Pacific. The lobby is very beautiful and the location is superb with excellent views of the harbor. Our room was very clean and comfortable. I noticed that I did not detect any unusual or musty odors of any kind which is very common in hotels. Our beds were comfy, great balcony to watch the ships in the harbor, and really appreciated the extra sink with mirror outside the bathroom. Even though right outside off the balcony was all the hustle and bustle of the inner harbor it was very quiet and well insulated in the room.We were within walking distance of all attractions and parks. Also, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very glad that we had stayed here. :)

Room Tip: I think you have to request a view of the harbor.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We tried to book the Fairmont which was full and so for one night, and for almost half the room rate, we stayed at the Grand Pacific and it was great !!

Its built overlooking the inner harbour so there are lots of activities going on all the time. Ferries arriving and leaving, float-planes and even some luxury motor yachts.

Staff were great - restaurant is not at the top level but neither are their charges.

All up we enjoyed out stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodland Park, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was on a 2 night/3 day vacation with my sister. We took the Victoria Clipper over to Victoria from Seattle and they offered a great package deal w/Hotel. That and the good Trip Advisor ratings helped me decide on the Hotel Grand Pacific.

Greats...
The hotel is smack dab across the street from the Harbor and where the Clipper docked, so our walk with luggage was short.

Our room was upgraded (weekday helped I'm sure) before we even checked in. We got a lovely harbor view suite (we didn't pay for either...a harbor view or a suite) on the third floor. The views were amazing - we could see the entire harbor, the Parliament building and the iconic Empress Hotel - all of which was amazingly lit up at night.

The room was very nice and we both LOVED our mattresses. We both agreed the beds were very comfortable. The room had free-wifi which worked for us just fine (you can pay for an upgrade but we didn't see any need - we had internet service just fine). We decided to have room service our first evening - the food good but as usual a little expensive. But the wait staff that brought our meal was very friendly, very attentive...asked if she could bring us anything else. Our room had a small fridge :)

They have an Athletic Center free for guests...25 meter indoor lap pool, sauna, jacuzzi, work out facility we used in the late afternoons before dinner.

We enjoyed the appetizers and wine at the restaurant. It's not cheap...but it's reasonable for what you get and deciding to eat in their decent dining room didn't say "cheap" to us anyway. We had the Tuna Tartare and Crab Cakes which were both tasty.

They allowed us to check in several hours early and check out two hours late! The Clipper arrived at 10:30 am - way early for hotel check-in...but our room (on a Tuesday - Mid June) was ready. We were not leaving until 6:45 PM on Thursday...so we were able to check out at 1pm and leave our luggage locked away with them.

The last afternoon rained and we wanted to walk over to the Empress Hotel. The parking guys were out front and asked us if we wanted to borrow an umbrella!

The OK-Good

On two occasions I just thought the ladies at the front desk could have seemed a little more interested in talking with us - at least pretend we were real important :). When I accidentally tore into the coffee filter when opening the coffee pouch I had to go to the front desk for another one. She looked up at me when I walked up...but did not say anything, I had to talk first...and it left me feeling like I was interrupting her. I got a similar response on another occasion. Again...they were fine...just not exemplary.

Most of the room was clean, but we saw dust around the baseboard...and seriously on the grooves of the inside of the bathroom door. I mean dark dirt all around the detailed edging of a white door. In fairness to the cleaning staff - I'm sure they clean what's used on a daily basis - we thought our room was "mostly" clean. We just sure saw where they were missing a few details that they don't realize their guests see.

I guess no one has a "real" coffee pot any longer. I am not a fan of those little 2 cup with a pre-filled coffee filter.

In the end...we decided what was great about the hotel far out-weighed what was just OK.

Room Tip: Ask for a possible free upgrade to a Harbor View Room or Suite. Weekdays are probably the best times...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

There is no comparison to Hotel Grand Pacific. The best hotel in Victoria bar none! We stay here every year and we can't wait to go back. Our cleaning lady suggested that we come every season, not once a year only. She is absolutely correct! Views of Inner Harbour are unforgettable. Rooms are beautiful, comfy beds, service is great, staff members are very kind, polite and very helpful. This IS the place to stay in Victoria. I wish we could move in and never leave. Well, see you next year Hotel Grand Pacific, keep up the great work! Thank you! Merci!

Room Tip: Select harbour view suite, worth every penny!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very centrally situated in reach of all transportation hubs, we stayed with two other couples for four days prior to a cruise from Vancouver. Great room which was a upgrade and had a little balcony on the corner with a partial view of the busy harbor and seaplanes. Very friendly and helpful staff and easy to walk out from to downtown. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Free WiFi as well

Room Tip: Ask for a corner view if possible you get a good view without the higher rate for a full harbour vie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends