“Great location - excellent staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Grand Pacific

Hotel Grand Pacific
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Seattle, Washington
“Great location - excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Traveling on the Clipper into the country was great and a short walk to the hotel. Arriving early found our room was ready and got an upgrade due to occupancy. Thank you for the superior view of your great city. Would say to anyone looking for a great hotel in Victoria - this is it and a great bargin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen A
EmoryHaines, Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and our online community.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Grand Pacific on many future relaxing visits.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We've stayed at the Grand Pacific during the "Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown" event in Victoria last weekend! The Hotel participated in the celebration by offering good deals on room and suite rates.We booked the Pacific View Suite with 2 Queen beds. We requested a higher floor and were very pleased to get an 8th floor suite. I am not sure how tall the building is :-) but in the elevator i've seen buttons for 10 floors only. So thumbs up to the personnel choosing this room for us! The suite had 2 private balconies. The washroom was gigantic with two sinks. The beds were outstanding, so was the bedding. The harbour view was 100 % panoramic! The children were extra fond of a duck pond at the Hotel entrance. Out youngest received a welcome gift (a toy, crayons and coloring pages along with a Butterfly Gardens coupon). Our sincere appreciation goes towards the amazing swimming pool (with actually warmer water than most of the swimmings pools are filled with), whirlpool, sauna and the huge fitness room with an incredible selection of exercise equipment. After we completed our lap swimming and the work-out we've got an apple each :-) from the basket (look for it on the fitness room's registration desk). The registration personnel also gives out towels and lockers. There is a kiddie pool too, so thoughtful of the Hotel. We were checked-in at 11 am because the previous guest luckily checked out very early on that morning. We also were able to store our luggage in the luggage room on our departure day which enabled us to explore Victoria and attractions until 5 pm with no heavy backpacks etc. The Express Bus to Swartz Bay (Ferry Terminal) stops around the corner, on the Legislative Assembly's side of the Government Street, which comes very handy. Overall a delightful experience. Given the promotiononal descount, i consider the stay a great value for the money. Great comfort! Great service! Great personnel! Will return. Looking forward to it.

Room Tip: The higher, the better. Harbourview is breathtaking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank adavonkanada
EmoryHaines, Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay. Your comments warmed my heart as we strive each day to ensure that our guests have an ideal experience from the moment they walk in our doors to the moment they leave and it is always so rewarding to hear that we have succeeded. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Victoria in the future.

Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The entire staff at the hotel, from the valet, front desk, lounge & restaurant are extremely helpful and friendly. The food we received as part of our conference was the best I've had in this type of setting. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated and very clean. I love staying here!

Room Tip: A view of the harbour is a definite plus.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Whenever I come to Victoria on a work-related trip, I always stay at the Grand Pacific. I've stayed at the Empress, Magnolia and others, but have always preferred the Grand Pacific. Not only the location is great (close to everything in downtown), but the hotel is very classy and posh, well-maintained and the rooms are great. Service is also friendly. I particularly enjoy the hot pool. The place is very quiet as the guests seem to be mostly business travelers. Parking is very convenient underground and I have often seen security people patrolling the underground parking lot at night. If I have one complaint, it's that they do not have computers with internet access available in the lobby for 24-hour use by hotel guests. They have internet and computers in their business center, but unfortunately the business center is open only during the day during regular business hours as far as I know.
The one main reason why I always stay there is because I always ask for a quiet room up on a higher floor and when they search me up they have that request already written into their computers from my previous stays at the hotel. So it seems that they keep a history of their guests and their specific requests. It always makes a guest feel special when the hotel already knows what your special requests are, and I think this is one thing I appreciate most about this hotel.
I do not know anything about their rates as my company always pays my hotel accommodation charges.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room across the ocean if you can. They are probably more expensive then the ones at the back b...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our close to it all location, your guestroom and our amenities. We are very proud of The Victoria Athletic Club which features a 25 metre lap pool, start of the art cardio equipment, a fully equipped weight room, a hot tub and a steam room.

Additionally it was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff took good care of you. We are blessed with an amazing group of people who truly enjoy hospitality and are dedicated to making each and every guest experience positive; the years of success we have had are predominately due to their efforts.

I apologize that we did not make you aware that our business centre is open 24 hours a day to our hotel guests. Our guest service agents will arrange access to the business centre upon request at any time.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us in the future.

Parksville, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wonderful location, great access to the inner harbour and downtown. Comfortable rooms great staff- Definitely somewhere i would recommend to any visitor to Victoria.The view of the inner harbour and the central location made it a walking joy..

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just spent the last week of Feb 2013 at the Grand Pacific, and I am actually writing this review during my last night here. There is only one thing I believe that the hotel has going for it, and that is location. I believe that the rooms are over priced, considering how dated the decor in the room, bathroom and hotel is. The room was dusty, and esecially so in the TV armoire. I found the bed very hard and had a sore back for the whole week. Along with the cost of the hotel was the price of parking in the hotel's underground parking garage. An extra $19.00 per night. I think that is outrageous especially what the cost of a room is, then to add an additional $19.00 per night for parking. I will say though that the staff in the hotel are very pleasant. I will probably stay else where during my next business meetings in Victoria.

Room Tip: Over priced rooms and meals.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jack999_10
EmoryHaines, Manager at Hotel Grand Pacific, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that you will not keep us on your list of hotels in Victoria.

I am uncertain which guestroom you stayed in but it sounds like it was in the original building. If that is the case please know that we are proposing to begin upgrading those rooms in 2013. We will continue to make improvements during this phase but I would also like to invite you to visit us again and ask for a room in our newer West Tower.

Further to your comments, we think our rates offer tremendous value versus our competitors, Our daily parking is at $17.00 and we regularly compare our parking and food and beverage prices to similar inner harbour hotels. These hotels charge as much or more!

A dusty room is unacceptable and I apologize. I am reviewing your comments with our housekeeping team.

Thank you for your feedback and patronage. Please contact me at 1-800-663-7550 if you wish to further discuss your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Pacific for a few days this past Feb 2013. I loved the location of this hotel (can walk everywhere) and my room had a nice view of the Empress Hotel and harbour at night. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I loved the additional mirror/powder area just off the bathroom. Had a nice welcome from the Bellman when I arrived tired and looking to park my car. I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the lobby restaurant while I read the morning papers and the service was excellent. My favourite time was spent at their Spa where I treated myself to a hot stone massage and reflexology. Erika was awesome. I did not use the pool or the gym.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo