We stayed at the Delta Victoria because our function was being held at the hotel. The hotel is located on the west side of the harbor (on the other side of the blue bridge). The hotel is definitely upscale with beautiful views of the harbor. The rooms are luxurious and well maintained with high end touches. There is no wi-fi in the hotel, but there is complementary wired Internet.
Although the main harbor (ie in front of the Empress Hotel) looks far away, it is only a 10-15 minute walk. Victoria is a very pedestrian friendly city. Coupled with expensive parking rates, there is no reason why you can't walk everywhere around the city. Be aware that on the end of the Johnson Street bridge (blue bridge) there seems to be a lot of shady looking characters. It didn't help that we passed a box for people to "dispose of needles properly" on the way to the inner harbor. We never felt unsafe walking, even during twilight hours. Just use your good judgment!
The Lure Restaurant is really pricey, like $25+ for entrees. The food is great, but there are enough restaurants nearby that offer a lower cost alternative. Self park was $15 + tax a night, but is located in a garage with a private entrance to the hotel.
Though a bit on the formal side, the hotel staff were friendly and excellent. They gave us good advice and helpful tips to make our visit to Victoria wonderful.
Bottom line: A high end, luxurious hotel on the "quieter" side of Victoria Harbor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Spectacular Setting Where People Work & Play in Perfect Harmony Situated on Victoria's breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. Our beautiful Victoria hotel's location in British Columbia, Canada offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel Victoria
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort Spa
- Victoria Delta