Spent two nights at the Ocean Point Resort & Spa on the 7th floor with a full harbour view room. From there you can watch planes land on the water, ships set sail & arrive to the harbour, kayakers too. Beautiful views at night too, both the Empress hotel & the parliament buildings are visible.
The room: the beds were comfortable, stocked minibar, wine bottle opener & bucket, wine glasses. June Jacobs Spa products in the bathroom. Internet available for a fee.
Restaurant/room service: We had room service & it was quick, fresh & delicious costing $40 for 2 with 3 things off the menu. They included bottled water, free of charge. We ate at the hotel's restaurant Lure for breakfast one morning. It was very tasty fine dining for breakfast at a reasonable price. Beautiful views of the harbour yet again from the restaurant & bar.
Service: very friendly & efficient service upon arrival. Upon departure the desk personnel was rather abrupt, tossing things on her desk, loud breathing/sighing. Perhaps she was having a bad day, but evidently she was not happy to be there or attend to people & it felt a bit uncomfortable.
Facilities: 24 hour gym with 2 treadmills, bikes, ellipticals & a good weight training section. The pool/hot tub have more limited hours. Also a great co-ed sauna between the locker rooms. Used all of this daily. Complimentary towels, locks for lockers, water & a big basket of fruit available for after your workout!
Spa: had a few treatments at the spa: facial, hot stone massage & a wrap. All were quite average, if not slightly below average. Friendly service, although the girl that did my wrap was a bit bubble gummy. She left the room for the 20-30 minutes I was wrapped & then came back to take me to the shower. On the menu it states the wrap includes a lavender inhalation & relaxing scalp massage neither of which happened. There is no locker room, so they give you a large bag to carry your clothes & you change in a restroom with one sink & toilet. Unfortunately no steam room. Next time I'll try the Silk Road spa by Chinatown or the spa at the Fairmont.
It was above average for the full harbour views, location & their restaurant Lure however most everything else felt average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Spectacular Setting Where People Work & Play in Perfect Harmony Situated on Victoria's breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. Our beautiful Victoria hotel's location in British Columbia, Canada offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel Victoria
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort Spa
- Victoria Delta