“Quiet and great location”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I walked to this hotel from the bus station. A bit of a walk but got to see the government house, Fairmont Empress, the visitor center, all of Wharf Street, and Bastion Square along the way. It didn't rain the entire time of my 2 day stay. i did walk over the drawbridge to see the city sights and to eat at Swan's and Willie's Bakery and Cafe, among other places.

The hotel property is great and offers an excellent view of the harbor and government house, which is lit at night. The bar was good but service was a bit spotty as the staff was overwhelmed; sitting at the bar itself would have gotten quicker service.

The room was nicer than I expected and roomy enough for my needs as a solo traveler. The internet worked well and I did not watch nor even open the armoire that contained the television. There was simply too much natural and man-made beauty outside the room to spend it watching TV.

The hotel staff was courteous and helpful from checkin to checkout. Every employee I encountered was pleasant and I felt that my patronage was appreciated, even at the bar. The elevators worked well; the shower was good and the spa was very cold. You had to walk through the spa area to get to the pool. The spa was undergoing bathroom renovations during my stay, so they continue to invest in this property.

I wanted to stay at a decent place by the water during my stay and this one fit the bill without completely wrecking my budget. It isn't cheap though.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Bookflyer
There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort

Reviewed August 4, 2009

The delta has the most perfect location and view. We got the better rooms with ceiling to ground windows(full harbour view). It looked like there weren't many of those. It was totally worth the price day and night. Beautiful day time view and words can't explain the sunset view! We also watched the BC day fireworks with was so convienient. The room it self was very beautiful and the beds were really comfortable. There was a mini bar and basket of snacks. The internet was really fast unlike some hotels (Laurel Point). The room was very clean and just perfect. They also offered turn down service. They have tennis courts/raquet ball courts which were very fun. I have stayed at a lot of 4 class hotels in Victoria and this is THE one I would come back too!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pinkk003
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We recently spent two nights at this hotel over the Canada Day. The Delta resort is a modern hotel with convenient access to the downtown and commanding view of the bay. It is also a great place to watch fireworks.

There are no cheap hotels in Victoria. I booked Delta resort through Priceline. There was less than $10 difference between what I offered Priceline and the lowest deal on the hotel's own web site. In either case, the price was fair.

The hotel is located across the small bridge less than a quarter-mile away from the downtown. A small inlet will separate you from the hordes of tourists that have just disembarked from their cruise ship. If you are able to walk, you'll be in the downtown in less than 15 minutes. For others there is a free shuttle. Just ask the bellman. If they are free, they will take you anywhere in the downtown area in a comfortable midsize air-conditioned van. When you are ready to come back just call and they will pick you up. Or, you can a cute little harbor ferry. It docks on the waterfront side of the hotel.

As it often goes with Priceline, we had the cheapest room in the house. Yet, it was large and well appointed. The bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with plenty of toiletries and towels. Bath robes were also provided. No view to speak about. We did not use any other hotel facilities.

On July 1, we watched wonderful fireworks right from the hotel lobby. Throughout our stay, the hotel staff was exceptionally helpful and attentive. There are indeed more historic hotels on the other side of the bay closer to the Parliament. However, if you are looking for modern conveniences, do consider the Delta resort.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gene_Augusta
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My husband and I stayed in this hotel during our stay in Victoria and would certainly recommend it to others. The room was clean and very spacious and had stunning views across the harbour. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is situation slightly out of Victoria itself (10 min walk) but there is also an excellent shuttle service for when it is raining!!! If you book into this hotel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed there 2 nights in mid-July. We were somewhat nervous about garage safety in Victoria BC after reading some web sites and were very pleased with the garage at Delta. It was bright and clean. Our room had a view of the upper harbor. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. My husband was disappointed that they still have old TV in the room. The lobby and restaurant level have a great view of the inner harbor. Also, there was no charge to internet access.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My son is allergic to gluten so traveling can be a challenge. We were very impressed by this resort. The service was superior and they had a special dietary set up for my son at breakfast - providing him with Rice Bread which he ate with delight. It cost us $ 115.00 on Priceline. We will stay again!!! PS the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

A friend and I stayed here one night for a relaxing weekend, and really enjoyed it. We stayed on the Signature Club floor (purchased with Aeroplan miles, so I can't say if the actual cost is worth it or not). However, we enjoyed the Club lounge with free breakfast and 5-7pm appetizers. The lounge also has a nice patio (and no kids are allowed!). We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub, although the sauna and change rooms were under renovation. Service was excellent.

I liked the location, as we were looking for a quieter place to stay. It's a short walk across the bridge to the shops, restaurants, Empress hotel etc. Lots of waterfront paths for walking. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for something quieter on the 'other side' of the harbour.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Travelers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Hotel Grand Pacific
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
#2 of 49 in Victoria
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort

Address: 100 Harbour Road, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 0G1, Canada (Formerly Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa)
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver Island > Victoria Capital Regional District > Victoria > Victoria West
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Spa Hotel in Victoria
#5 Romantic Hotel in Victoria
#5 Business Hotel in Victoria
#5 Luxury Hotel in Victoria
#6 Family Hotel in Victoria
Price Range: $154 - $423 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort 4*
A Spectacular Setting Where People Work & Play in Perfect Harmony Situated on Victoria's breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. Our beautiful Victoria hotel's location in British Columbia, Canada offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa