“Best Delta I've been to ”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel. The best of the Delta hotels I have stayed in. Beautiful location. Pay extra for the upgraded suite the view is worth it. Easy to walk to Victoria's shopping and restaurant area.

They have nice robes which other hotels don't give you.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, my biggest problem with my stay was that my air conditioning was not working in my room. Instead of just switching me to another room, they kept giving me excuses. I was attending a conference at the hotel so I had opportunities to run up to my room to check if they had fixed the problem periodically throughout the day. I even spoke with the maintenance person who told me that there did appear to be a problem with the air conditioning but he would do his best to fix it, and that if he couldn't they should move me to another room. To make a long "hot" story short, I didn't get much sleep in the sauna of a room, I made half a dozen trips to the front desk, received half a dozen excuses. Very unfortunate because the hotel itself is very nice and the price reflects that, the service should be the same, but it wasn't.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
DeltaVictoria, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa.

I was happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very nice! However, I was really sorry to hear that the air conditioning in your room was not working properly, and that our team failed to provide a satisfactory resolution. I have followed up with our front desk team to ensure this does not happen in the future, but again I am sorry for the impact this had on your stay. At Delta, we strive to provide superior service, and I was therefore very disappointed that you felt our service was lacking. Please feel free to contact myself directly at rachael.hannay@deltahotels.com, as we would very much like to make things right!

Once again, thank you for providing feedback on your stay. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to restore your confidence in the service we provide. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 250-360-2999.

Warm regards,

Rachael Hannay
Front Office Supervisor
Delta Hotels and Resorts

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Delta in Victoria is very chic, modern and newly renovated. Rooms are large, we had a King-room on the 3rd floor and it was very spacious with all the modern amenities. Bathroom is large and offers nice (high-end)shower/bath products and a good hairdryer (not always the case in hotels!).
Lobby is also newly renovated and has a great view of Victoria
It's right on the "ocean walk" so a quick walk downtown. There is also a free shuttle to take you downtown and water-taxi stop right outside.
Staff is super helpful, professional and courteous.
Some rooms have an ocean-view, but we would have had to pay extra so we declined.
I definitely recommend this property and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I'll start by saying that we usually stay at Laurel Point, as we are not antiques or doily people and finding accommodation in Victoria that is not, well...Victorian, can be a tad challenging. We zipped over from Vancouver on short notice on a Saturday afternoon, and our usual options were booked. So we gave Ocean Pointe a try. Managed to get one of the last harbour view rooms (okay...partial harbour view) and were pleasantly surprised. Rooms are renovated with modern furnishings, including built-ins in light toned wood, topped with light quartz for bath counters, bedside tables and desk. Overall quite well done. I work in design and am a bit fussier than most when it comes to interior details. I will say that the duvets (in crisp hotel white) are quite lumpy...it looks like there may be cats hiding under there (there weren't), but other than the aesthetic issue, the one in our room was perfectly comfortable, as was the bed. Good lighting options, with bedside lamps you could actually reach the switch for and additional reading light built in to the bed. Top marks to Jon at the front desk - his service was on par with what we've received at the Fairmont Pacific Rim...excellent. We took the shuttle to meet family for dinner and the shuttle driver was also top notch, taking 10 passengers to various dinner destinations in an extremely friendly and efficient manner. I admit I was surprised to get this level of service at a Delta. One feature I made note of was that wi-fi was included and didn't require a password to access (I'm talking to you Fairmont). Road access was easy, as was parking - so whatever the issue was there during construction is gone. We didn't try to access the hotel from the little driveway immediately coming off the bridge - can see that would be a bit stressful in heavy traffic, but instead followed our map app and took the left at the next light. An easy little drive down the street from there - although I will say that the signage from the rear of the property is lame...too small and underlit - but that's more of a design criticism than a directional one...obviously we still found the hotel. But I do expect a "resort and spa" to have more of a statement sign when entering. Overall I think it's a really decent option.

Room Tip: For harbour view rooms, try to get something with a number lower than about 30 (example 430) as abov...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing us on your recent visit to Victoria. I was delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay and that our team took great care of you! I look forward to sharing your kind comments with Jon and the rest of the team! We are thrilled to read you really enjoyed our recently renovated rooms, and I'm happy to share that our exterior road signage is being upgraded to match our fabulous new look.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Warm regards,

Justin Foisy
Front Office Manager
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is one of the best I have been in, and I have been in quite a few in Victoria. What struck my critical eye the most was how incredibly clean the room was. The bed linens were top quality and immaculate, the bed and pillows could not have been better quality. My "non-view" 7th floor room had an excellent harbor and downtown view with a very high end marble shower and a very well designed media desk with the most recent furnishings and lighting. Well managed hotel where the staff knew exactly what their responsibilities were and performed them seamlessly with accuracy and professionalism. I believe it would not be prudent to go elsewhere. Did I mention the bar/restaurant is very popular and has very good food, more specifically, the appy's.

Room Tip: Book early, if possible use Expedia, they took care of EVERYTHING. If they are booked use Trip Advis...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great location for a weekend away. New renovations are beautiiful and what a nice way to spend a weekend in Victoria. Rooms overlooking the harbour are a bonus, but all the rooms are very nice. A short walk ito the inner harbour our if you wish you can take a $5 water taxi to a number of locations in the inner harbour.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the harbour to watch the float planes land, kayakers and the numerous...
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here just one night, but we had a fabulous stay. This place has just undergone a major renovation, and although I never saw it before the renovation, boy did they do a fabulous
Job! It is a modern hotel through and through, so if you craveVictorian furnishings and doilies, this place is not for you. But if you love a hotel set on a point, overlooking the inner harbor with spectacular views of the sea planes and water taxis, as well as Parliament, but with modern style and high end design, finishes and fabrics, this is your place-- it was my favorite hotel for this trip! The room was beautiful and comfortable-- a good nights sleep was achieved. The public areas were luxurious and sleek. The spa was wonderful. The restaurant Lure, had delicious food, and had a very vibrant atmosphere. The staff was delightful. All in all, this was a stellar choice!

Room Tip: Opt for a club room and enjoy hors d' oeuvres in the evening and breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Hotel Grand Pacific
Inn at Laurel Point
#11 of 47 in Victoria
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 47 in Victoria

Been to Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!