“Great weekend away in the harbour”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great location for a weekend away. New renovations are beautiiful and what a nice way to spend a weekend in Victoria. Rooms overlooking the harbour are a bonus, but all the rooms are very nice. A short walk ito the inner harbour our if you wish you can take a $5 water taxi to a number of locations in the inner harbour.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the harbour to watch the float planes land, kayakers and the numerous...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed here just one night, but we had a fabulous stay. This place has just undergone a major renovation, and although I never saw it before the renovation, boy did they do a fabulous
Job! It is a modern hotel through and through, so if you craveVictorian furnishings and doilies, this place is not for you. But if you love a hotel set on a point, overlooking the inner harbor with spectacular views of the sea planes and water taxis, as well as Parliament, but with modern style and high end design, finishes and fabrics, this is your place-- it was my favorite hotel for this trip! The room was beautiful and comfortable-- a good nights sleep was achieved. The public areas were luxurious and sleek. The spa was wonderful. The restaurant Lure, had delicious food, and had a very vibrant atmosphere. The staff was delightful. All in all, this was a stellar choice!

Room Tip: Opt for a club room and enjoy hors d' oeuvres in the evening and breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2014

It is a nice building. It is under renovation so, it is getting even nicer. The furnishings and decor are five star. But the service and some of the odd stuff are just... well, crazy. We had such a great time in the VERY small lounge (probably ad hoc due to the renovation) because the server was great: casual, friendly but very attentive. As if he were a pal taking care of a pal. Very nice.

The problems have to do with the physical plant and the rest of the staff. There were three people I met at the front desk during our stay and all three were rude and didn't seem to give a damn about us. We had a number of people in wheelchairs.

The crappy experience really starts with the incredible layout of the driveways that make it very hard to find how to get to the front of the place. Almost no signage. Even the largest sign is not visible from a large part of the street. Coming to the hotel from the city is dangerous; at least one of us turned onto a walking path. When we mentioned these things to the two young ladies behind the counter, they just stared at us then asked if we had a reservation. They refused to discuss the signage. There was no clear sign to the parking garage, which was also hard to find. The directions we were given included a wave of the hand and a vague gesture. We were a large group and had about a couple dozen vehicles in our party. Everyone made the same comments about the rude staff and the crazy layout.

The ladies serving breakfast were fantastic and the breakfast was very good, even though, again, it seemed to be in an ad hoc room for the renovations.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the harbour and the Empress. The view is spectacular at night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
DeltaVictoria, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Mitchell K
Thank you for your positive comments and suggestions. I see that you stayed with us in March. Since then, the hotel has been completely transformed. We have a beautiful new lobby and fantastic LURE Restaurant and Bar. The City of Victoria has now completed the new driveway with extensive cross walk signs and stop signs to ensure the safe flow of traffic. With our renovations now complete, the views of the Victoria Harbour are a spectacular setting. I am sorry that you didn't have a positive impression of the team during your last visit. That definitely is not our standard. I know that Karen, Mayumi, Kyra, Mark, Rachel, Justin, Preston and the rest of the team on the front desk would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My mother and I recently booked two pedicures. The lady at the front desk and two women doing the pedicure were very polite and friendly; however, the quality of the pedicure was mediocre. Had we paid $30-40 each for a pedicure in a mall I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it and just not gone back, but at ~$60/each we defintely expected more. I noticed that my mother was wincing from pain at one point during the pedicure and the lady didn't notice. By the time we got home, our feet no longer felt soft like they normally do after our pedicures and by the next day my feet were as dry as they had been before the pedicure if not more so if that's possible. They did a wonderful job on the polish but I cannot say the same for the rest of the pedicure. I had much higher expectations. As a regular diner at LURE I can say that the restaurant is a amazing, beautiful scenary, wonderful and attentive service and the food is delicious and the service at the spa was equally good I just wish I could say the same for the quality of the pedicure.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank happysosnappy
DeltaVictoria, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry your spa visit was less than amazing. Thank you for your feedback so we may follow up accordingly.
Please contact our Spa Manager at sharon.puglia@deltahotels.com so we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence in us

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great hotel. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. We had fabulous views overlooking the harbour. Water taxi stops all around the harbour. Very modern and scrupulously clean. Bathroom was spacious, with both my husband and I able to get ready at the same time without getting in each other's way. Loved the clock radio, looking for one the same back home. Nice breakfast in room, but didn't eat any other meals there. Quiet and relaxing

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Title says it all, just book it and enjoy!

...Oh, you want to know why? OK, the setting is fantastic on the inner harbour across from Government House; the hotel is in excellent condition with great facilities for conferences, exercise, and eating; the room was large, perfectly serviced, exactly what I asked for; the tele had built in connections to hook up your own external devices (if you choose); the room included a small side table the as perfect as a small desktop for my computer and slid under the chair so you could easily work seated in the easy chair; the restaurant setting offers amazing views to watch float planes come and go (if you are solo and not tied up in conversation); the staff are uber-friendly and helpful; the price is reasonable (not cheap, but not expensive either).

Room Tip: If you are going to use the sauna before 6 am, call the front desk and ask them to turn it on to war...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Powel C
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The staff were really great at this hotel.

I highly recommend visiting the spa!

In terms of location , it is lovely just in front of the harbour but it is a water taxi ride away from the downtown area.

I was upgraded to an ocean view room which was nice but I'm glad I didn't pay extra for it as it wasn't much of a view from my room.

There was construction at the hotel while I was there so there was no way to sit outside and have a drink to enjoy the view so that was disappointing.

The fitness center was well equipped and there was a small indoor pool.

• Stayed: April 2014
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Cguu,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Delta Victoria. I was happy to hear that you had a pleasant visit and that you enjoyed the spa! I was also happy to read that you received a complimentary upgrade to one of our harbour view rooms. I am sorry the view didn't meet your expectations; we do offer a variety of different types of harbour view rooms, and would be happy to do our best accommodate your preference for a certain room type for any future visits. Just let the reservations agent know at the time of booking.

Our newly designed LURE restaurant is now open and would be a wonderful place to enjoy a drink while taking in the views on their stunning patio! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy it first hand!

Once again, thanks for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Justin Foisy
Front Office Manager
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa

Travelers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Hotel Grand Pacific
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 49 in Victoria
Inn at Laurel Point
#11 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!