“Beautiful Hotel / Stunning Location”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My son and I stayed here over the Victoria Day weekend and had a marvellous time. Our check in was quite smooth. We were greeted by a young woman named Katharina who immediately suggested we upgrade to a harbour view. We did and I am glad we did. The view was spectacular. There is nothing like having breakfast and watching boats and planes come and go.

On the first night I stayed at the hotel I was alone - my son had gone to his brother's place. There was a baby staying in the adjoining room and it was an unhappy baby. It woke me up several times screaming. I eventually called the desk and they moved me to another, much quieter room for the remainder of the night.

The remainder of our stay was fantastic.

When I received my bill for the stay I noticed that I was billed for my first night. I approached the woman at the desk and asked her about comping the room for that night. She agreed quite readily and I left a very happy man.

I look forward to my next stay at this magnificent hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Beautiful rooms.
I believe we stayed in this "clean oxygen" room (I hope I am not getting accommodation mixed up) but it was very nice and refreshing in this oxygen room and we all had an excellent nights sleep because of it.
The location is pretty good, a short walk across a minuscule bridge to the city-area and not a far trip to the nearest Walmart, etc.
The view was very nice and the restaurant was absolutely delicious (inside and outside the hotel)
The lobby provided free tea and the gym was very spacious.
The pool was average but the back entrance to the pool was very convenient to save you having to go the long way round.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Definitely recommend one of the clean air rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a lot to offer a traveller. Large and comfortable, well appointed rooms, courteous and attentive staff, amazing location. While on Victoria Harbor with stunning views, the hotel is just across the harbor via a short bridge which takes it out of the crush of tourists yet the walk is easy even for those with strollers or wheel chairs.

We prefer more upscale hotels, but often bring our small Sheltie which not all hotels welcome. Delta made it easy and for a nominal $35 fee, very desirable. We do travel a lot, New York City and Scottsdale, Az within the past month. This hotel ranks as one of best hotel experiences We've had in the past two years.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Caroltheodora
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights whilst on tour. It is an excellent hotel in a great location close to town. The room we had overlooked the water and the serve we were given was excellent. The food at the restaurant was excellent. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malenymac
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have stayed regularly at the Delta Ocean Pointe for the past 10 years. The hotel has gone through a substantial renovation of rooms, restaurant and other areas recently. Very comfortable. Very friendly staff. Excellent location on the harbour for walks. Great views of the waterfront and Provincial Parliament Buildings.

Room Tip: ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank highflier2014
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Hotel is located in a quiet ocean front location within a short walking distance to all of downtown. Ideal for travellers who like to have a view, and ability to walk without driving. Rooms are clean. The décor is very simple with lots of light. Comfortable beds. Elevators are quick. Parking is easy. Renovations were happening in restaurant so did not go there.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the ocean harbour.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Delta Victoria.
I am thrilled that you found our amenities, location, and Mode Guest rooms to your liking. I am happy to announce that we have re-opened our fabulous LURE restaurant which now boasts a lovely patio that overlooks Victoria's gorgeous inner harbour. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back so you are able to try it first hand.

Warm regards,

Preston Rissley
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hot off the press as it is our last night of a three night sojourn. Absolutely a fantastic place to stay. We had a lovely well appointed room overlooking the harbour and could watch the coming and goings of the harbour traffic, and sea planes. (A flight in the latter is well recommended.) Right from our arrival the staff were extremely friendly and helpful even to the extent of recovering a lost bag from our flight from Vancouver to Victoria. The hotel is well placed and convenient to the city and its variety restaurants and shops and lovely walks around the foreshore and across the "drawbridge" to the city. The bridge was built in the 1920's and is in the process o being replaced so if you want to see it in action don't wait too long to visit Victoria and stay at the Delta. Lastly if you like a good workout the hotel has a
great fitness centre.

Room Tip: Even though we didn't see the view on the other side of the hotel a view over the harbour on a h...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Hotel Grand Pacific
Inn at Laurel Point
#11 of 47 in Victoria
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 47 in Victoria

Been to Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort

Address: 100 Harbour Road, Victoria, British Columbia V9A 0G1, Canada (Formerly Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa)
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver Island > Victoria Capital Regional District > Victoria > Victoria West
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Spa Hotel in Victoria
#5 Romantic Hotel in Victoria
#5 Business Hotel in Victoria
#5 Family Hotel in Victoria
#5 Luxury Hotel in Victoria
Price Range: $113 - $319 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort 4*
A Spectacular Setting Where People Work & Play in Perfect Harmony Situated on Victoria's breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. Our beautiful Victoria hotel's location in British Columbia, Canada offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa