“A superb experience”

Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were booked here for two nights on short notice. The facility was clean, comfortable and impressive. The staff went above and beyond in every way, from the valet to the maids. Our group had three rooms, and upgraded accommodations. The courtesy breakfast/happy hour facility was clean and well-tended. The staff was friendly and out-going, offering many welcome tips and suggestions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,634)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I booked my stay here based on TripAdvisor reviews.

The Good: The room was spectacular. I was fortunate enough to get a harbor view and it was great to be able to see the ferries, boats, and seaplanes come in and out of the area. In the evening, I could also see the Parliament Buildings lit up, which was great.

The room was spotless, there was free wifi, and a huge number of cords/hookups for your electronics. This would be a great place for someone who had to get a lot of work done during their stay. The cleaning staff was always timely and did an amazing job.

Use of the gym and pool were free. The pool was adequately maintained and the gym seemed more versatile in its equipment than others I had been to.

The Bad: As other reviews mentioned, sound is an issue. I could hear people in other rooms - and surely they could hear me - and I could hear people in the hallway, too. As I was recovering from jet lag and up at all different hours, I felt uneasy watching TV or making phone calls if I felt my neighbors were probably sleeping. Also, if you're a light sleeper, you may have problems with this.

I stayed at the end of May and it was freezing throughout the hotel. I don't understand why the air conditioning was on so high even when it was 55-60 degrees outside. It felt colder inside the hotel than it did outside on certain days.

I happened to stay when they were fixing the elevators. Not sure if this is ongoing, but it's worth mentioning that it took 10-15 minutes in the morning to get an elevator. Once you got on the elevator, you stopped at every floor. If you need to be some place at a specific time, plan accordingly.

During the initial few days of my stay, they had complimentary coffee and tea near the restaurant for guests. That magically disappeared - and never returned - for the remainder of my stay.

The Average: Sometimes, after a long day of touring, you want to eat something close by. Unfortunately, the only option was the hotel's restaurant, where the main course is seafood and therefore quite limited. It also seemed quite expensive, even for a hotel restaurant. The room service menu was far more extensive and had more choices, but I was told I could only those items if I got room service because the kitchens were completely separate.

There is not much in terms of other restaurants, convenience stores, or food items on this side of the bridge. Everything was a minimum 10-15 minute walk - and, with the exception of the gas station convenience store - it was always across the bridge and through downtown.

Despite being there in what I felt was the start of tourist season, there was no concierge on staff. One staff member during certain times was, I suppose, "acting concierge" and I found that person to be quite helpful in planning my stay. However, as it was often busy at the front desk, the "concierge" was being pulled in many directions, which I thought was unfair to him.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank surlarue35
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed the view from our recently renovated rooms as well as our fitness facility and pool. I am sorry you were delayed by the upgrade of our elevators, I assure you this was a short term project and the work will not be taking place over the summer season. You mentioned that you found LURE Restaurant offerings to be limited. During your next stay at Delta we look forward to accommodating your needs with "Our Kitchen Is Your Kitchen" program, which means our culinary team will be happy to meet your requests should you not find it on the menu.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Barry Luksenberg

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed two nights at this very pleasant, relaxing hotel - very friendly helpful staff and excellent rooms. It is located right on the harbor side. They have a shuttle bus to the ferry terminal which is a significant bonus. The hotel is located very close to the first part of the trans Canada bike trail and the hotel has two complimentary bikes, which we used. The restaurant was very good and had an excellent location with big windows overlooking the harbour - if nothing else this affords a view of the cute water taxis

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DeltaVictoria, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you were able to make use of our complimentary bike rental program! Hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Celyne McDonald
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I don't know where to start. I love this hotel. Definitely upgrade to the harbor rooms on 6th floor. The view is totally worth it. Mode club includes yummy breakfast with fresh fruit, cereal, hot drinks, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fresh muffins/breads, deli meat and cheeses.

Best thing was it had the most comfortable king size bed I have EVER slept in. Bathroom is beautiful. Love the dim light that senses when I walk into it in the middle of the night. There is a beautiful trail along the river to go running or walking along. My husband and I even played racquetball this morning. LOVE it!!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MegLoves2Travel
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for only one night. Very nice, clean hotel. Lovely views of the capital building from across the harbor. Even though this hotel is located across the harbor from the main streets, it is still easy to walk across the bridge. The hotel also give one free return trip to the hotel by way of the water taxis that operate there daily.

Tried to eat breakfast in the dining room downstairs on a Sunday morning around 10am, but they were quite busy so we had to go elsewhere. Apparently the earlier the better for breakfast at the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kay2003cat
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We love it here, it has the best view of the harbour, a really nice pool & fitness facility, and we love the Club Floor Lounge, and we have eaten at then house restaurant Lure which we really liked as well.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get the Club Floor Lounge
2  Thank CMacDRC
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently spent four nights at this beautiful hotel, with views over a harbour that was forever changing. Our room was clean well maintained and very comfortable. The meals in the restaurant were delicious and very reasonably priced, and the staff helpful and friendly. Catch a small river ferry into the city in 5minutes. We were very impressed and would certainly stay there again.

2  Thank Glenda C