“Just Breath Taking, didn't want to Leave... ..”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Canada
“Just Breath Taking, didn't want to Leave... ..”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed at the Delta Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa 2x within the last week of June. Upon driving up to the hotel the building itself is lovely and Chateau like with beautiful and very well maintained tennis courts. Walking into the hotel leaves you in awe with the huge floor to almost ceiling glass windows with a breath taking view of the Inner Harbour and boats passing. I actually came to learn there are actually artists that sculpt and paint in front of the window regularily also.

I was greated before I even reached the door, the front desk staff were amazing, the surroundings just lovely. The room the 1st evening didn't have much of a view but was big and clean and the decor up to date and well kept. I travel a lot and am a bit of a discerning traveler and I was very pleased. The 2nd time I stayed within the week I was given a Harbour View that was just breath taking. The room the 2nd nigts stay was also shaped like a bird house with very high, sloped ceiling which I though had a lot of character/charm.

I was given the oppertunity to enjoy the Signature Floor and again, the furnishings in the Signature floor were lovely, the food scrumptious and the patio view once again, amazing! The pool is encased in a glass solarium which is estetically pleasing also and the gym is clean and has an amazing array of up to date equipment. I didn't get the oppertunity to check out the squash courts but the fact in itself that there were some was great. I also noted the parking coming from the lower level which was ideal for guests with much luggage seeing as it's close to the elevators.

I didn't have the oppertunity to eat at LURE but if ever given the oppertunity to return to Victoria it would be on my to-do list seeing as the ambiance and and windows overlooking the Inner Harbour with the recesssed lighting were really nice. The back of the hotel has a dock so, should you have a yacht or any other boat type you can drive right up to the resort and the back of the hotel has a beautiful seating area and rose bushes and gondolas making it great for anyone thinking of getting married or just lovely to look at.

The hotel is about a 8 minute walk to anywhere downtown you may want to see(Tourist type spots), when staying at the hotel I was also offered shuttle servie to Fishermans Wharf and to China Town which was great when I was pressed for time. The drivers were professioanl and very curtious. I asked the concierge for a few suggestions and he was eager to help, it didn't feel forced or like it was a job but something he really enjoyed doing as did all the staff I interacted with from Housekeeping, to front desk to concierge to drivers.

I didn't use the spa but I did go in to snoop and the receptionist was very warm and welcoming and the products, coming from someone with past Spa employment experience were all very good/quality products and when reading through their brochure, the services were very reasonably priced, the spa entry also looked very clean which is a direct sign to the spa itself. Very nice, wish I had more time to have treated myself to something.

The service all around was great! The food on the Signature floor, great! The facilities, great! the beauty, great! I rarely or never give a 5 but this is a 5!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
DeltaVictoria, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the fantastic review! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in one of our lovely Signature Club Guestrooms and were able to see our Artist in Residence at work. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to our team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

Sincerely, Andrea Mannhardt - Executive Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Turkish first
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I stayed here for three nights arriving around midnight the first night. I was given a room next to the business centre and didn't think anything of it. During the night some sort of office equipment kept coming on and I heard a loud hummm that woke me up a few times. I went down the next morning and the counter staff listened to my concerns and then asked me if I would mind switcing room? I was glad they were helpful and all I had to do was leave my packed bags in my room and they would be moved that day. Sure enough I was moved to another floor (where my associates were) and had two excellent nights sleep. The rooms were clean, the common area was also spotless. Great location, short walk to downtown. Would recommend staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank get_with_it
DeltaVictoria, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation and wonderful review! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We took the float plane to Vancouver and we found the hotel in easy walking distance (we had a couple of wheelie cases and back packs). The staff were friendly and were able to get us a room even though we were early for check-in. The room was nice and big with a king-size bed. It was clean and modern with a nice bathroom.
The staff were friendly, helping us with luggage, ordering an airport shuttle for us and able to answer our questions about the hotel and the city. My only complaint is that we were left with our bags for quite some time as the bell boys were busy and we wanted to leave our bags. But in the grand scheme of things it wasn’t a big deal.
The hotel is well located for exploring Victoria. It’s a small place and the whole thing can be done on foot, although there is a boat shuttle outside the hotel for those who want it. They can also arrange to drop you off in town if you wish. We didn’t try the restaurant as it looked quite expensive (we were nearing the end of our holiday and getting low on cash!). however there are lots of nice places just across the bridge – I would particularly recommend the tea room Murchie’s which did amazing cakes and really nice coffee. We had a cake at coffee time there and also breakfast the next morning – it was great!

1 Thank Kaysafus
DeltaVictoria, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback; I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! If you have plans to return in the future, I suggest dining in LURE lounge - the bison burger is very tasty, and is a deal to boot!

Warm Regards,

Justin Foisy
Assistant Front Office Manager
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I visited the Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe for his birthday weekend. From the moment we checked in we were treated like family. We were given suggestions for fun things to do, places to eat and visit.
All of the staff at the front desk and front end of the hotel were knowledgable and kind.
The lounge staff were exceptional and even remembered our usuals by the third day there. Fantastic. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling alone, with family and even with children. The pool area was very nice.
We even tried out the spa and had a very relaxing massage.

1 Thank FodnessFamily
DeltaVictoria, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your birthday weekend stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Great location right on the harbour with an easy walk across the bridge into the down-town area. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. There was a problem with the air-handling system in the room on arrival and they immediately had it investigated and moved us right away to another room when they couldn't repair it quickly. The on-sight restaurant was excellent. We were on a multi-city trip and this hotel definitely had the most comfortable beds of any place we stayed.

1 Thank spadogs
DeltaVictoria, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our luxurious Delta ‘Sanctuary Beds’ and LURE Restaurant. I am glad we were able to quickly rectify the air-handling system problem and I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to the rest of our team. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My Mom & I had a girls' getaway and picked this hotel because of location and price. My first impression of the room was that it was huge and it had COMFORTABLE beds with lots of pillows. Our room had an amazing view of the harbour. We really weren't in the room that much because we were either walking or biking throughout Downtown Victoria. When we were in our room, the TV was a bit of a challenge to figure out but once we nailed it, it was fine. The showerhead was wonderful and and FULL water pressure and options to change it to stream, powerful spray or anything inbetween.

The only changes that I would make for improvements to the room would be to add a couple more pictures above the beds and change up the 70s wallpaper in the bathroom. The pictures would be to make the room less stark and more relaxing and enticing. The wallpaper in the bathroom made the room appear tacky and a last thought for design.

Other than those 2 little things, this is a wonderful resort and very close to many wonderful restaurants.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank HappyLappy76
DeltaVictoria, Executive Assistant at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am happy to hear you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the nearby restaurants.

Calgary
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Delta is located in a park like setting on the harbour across from the city, but only minutes walk to some of the city's best restaurants. Victoria is pricey by Canadian standards, although the hotel is reasonable. The breakfast buffet is worth it, a wide selection of everything you might want.
The rooms are nice, the pool small and the spa gives a nice facial. Its all about location with this hotel. Victoria does have a large homeless population so be prepared for some aggressive types begging when heading out at night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank CdnSingle
DeltaVictoria, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and hotel review. We are working together to address the pan handling that occurs in the city. I have passed your comments along to my colleagues at the Victoria Chamber of Commerce, the Victoria Police and the Downtown Victoria Business Association and Tourism Victoria. We meet regularly to ensure that Victoria is a safe city that delights our visitors and ensures quality of life for our residents. Please come back and visit us soon.

Warm regards,