Stayed at the Delta Ocean Pointe Resort & Spa 2x within the last week of June. Upon driving up to the hotel the building itself is lovely and Chateau like with beautiful and very well maintained tennis courts. Walking into the hotel leaves you in awe with the huge floor to almost ceiling glass windows with a breath taking view of the Inner Harbour and boats passing. I actually came to learn there are actually artists that sculpt and paint in front of the window regularily also.
I was greated before I even reached the door, the front desk staff were amazing, the surroundings just lovely. The room the 1st evening didn't have much of a view but was big and clean and the decor up to date and well kept. I travel a lot and am a bit of a discerning traveler and I was very pleased. The 2nd time I stayed within the week I was given a Harbour View that was just breath taking. The room the 2nd nigts stay was also shaped like a bird house with very high, sloped ceiling which I though had a lot of character/charm.
I was given the oppertunity to enjoy the Signature Floor and again, the furnishings in the Signature floor were lovely, the food scrumptious and the patio view once again, amazing! The pool is encased in a glass solarium which is estetically pleasing also and the gym is clean and has an amazing array of up to date equipment. I didn't get the oppertunity to check out the squash courts but the fact in itself that there were some was great. I also noted the parking coming from the lower level which was ideal for guests with much luggage seeing as it's close to the elevators.
I didn't have the oppertunity to eat at LURE but if ever given the oppertunity to return to Victoria it would be on my to-do list seeing as the ambiance and and windows overlooking the Inner Harbour with the recesssed lighting were really nice. The back of the hotel has a dock so, should you have a yacht or any other boat type you can drive right up to the resort and the back of the hotel has a beautiful seating area and rose bushes and gondolas making it great for anyone thinking of getting married or just lovely to look at.
The hotel is about a 8 minute walk to anywhere downtown you may want to see(Tourist type spots), when staying at the hotel I was also offered shuttle servie to Fishermans Wharf and to China Town which was great when I was pressed for time. The drivers were professioanl and very curtious. I asked the concierge for a few suggestions and he was eager to help, it didn't feel forced or like it was a job but something he really enjoyed doing as did all the staff I interacted with from Housekeeping, to front desk to concierge to drivers.
I didn't use the spa but I did go in to snoop and the receptionist was very warm and welcoming and the products, coming from someone with past Spa employment experience were all very good/quality products and when reading through their brochure, the services were very reasonably priced, the spa entry also looked very clean which is a direct sign to the spa itself. Very nice, wish I had more time to have treated myself to something.
The service all around was great! The food on the Signature floor, great! The facilities, great! the beauty, great! I rarely or never give a 5 but this is a 5!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Spectacular Setting Where People Work & Play in Perfect Harmony Situated on Victoria's breathtaking Inner Harbour, the newly renovated Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort is just steps from downtown shopping, restaurants and attractions. Our beautiful Victoria hotel's location in British Columbia, Canada offers a modern waterfront setting for unsurpassed guest service, exceptional dining, and full resort amenities, including an award-winning Spa, complimentary health club, indoor swimming pool and tennis/racquet courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel Victoria
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort Spa
- Victoria Delta