Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Expedia.com$202
Hotels.com$202
Destinia.com$204
4,956 results
All reviews high tea bengal lounge gold floor beautiful hotel old world charm scones overlooking the harbour british columbia visiting victoria vancouver island empress ivy concierge conference canada valet bc
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2019

The staff and the service were the best part! Everyone was really friendly and helpful. Room was clean and very updated. Restaurant was a bit overpriced, but of course everything tasted fantastic! I love splurging and staying at Fairmont properties every once and awhile!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerEmpress, General Manager at Fairmont Empress, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2019

We appreciate your valued feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed October 23, 2019

Fairmont quality hospitality, opulence without being gaudy, an afternoon tea that lives up to the hype, and best of all: WINSTON, canine ambassador.

Breakfast either in-room or at Q is absolutely scrumptious and your eggs will be prepared exactly as you like them. If you're lucky, Li will be your server. She is phenomenal--she has the uncanny ability to anticapte your needs before they even occur to you.

Cameron at reception is great. Mitch is the best porter--helpful, informative, and genuinely friendly. Phaidra in concierge was super helpful as well.

Our room was on the first floor, had a view of the gardens and waterfront. Just lovely.

Date of stay: October 2019

Thank you very much for the lovely feedback regarding your stay. We are very pleased yo had such an enjoyable time and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2019

We booked one night at the Empress through Booking.com and chose a non-refundable rate of $347.00. After booking, I contacted the hotel directly to request a late checkout. I was quoted $75 which I agreed to, and we also parked our car overnight for a rate of $33.00.

I have no complaints about the front desk staff, nor the room. All were excellent. When we checked out, it was quick and we didn't carefully look at the final tally as it was incredibly busy at the hotel post-marathon and we already knew all the extras we paid for (parking/late checkout) and taxes.

Imagine my surprise when I checked my credit card bill online and saw that we were not charged the room rate that we had chosen on Booking.com, but a higher rate. After much going back and forth with someone in their accounting department, we were told we would receive a refund for overpayment that we were charged. I had to provide proof of my original booking and rate. Almost a week has gone by and we have still not received a refund.

I am really disappointed that a hotel of this calibre would try to pull this kind of stunt. It's very disappointing. We have stayed at the Empress Hotel in the past and were also President's Club members until they changed their loyalty program. My advice is to check your bill carefully if you booked through a third party.

Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful historical hotel. Perfect location in the center of town and across from the water. Full service, luxurious. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful. Hotel hallways are spooky in a good way! Food is excellent. Our room even had a ceiling fan! I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank CorrineA804
ManagerEmpress, General Manager at Fairmont Empress, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2019

We are very pleased you enjoyed your. Our location is truly spectacular and within walking distance to so many venues. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

I loved this hotel! The staff was amazing and super friendly. They even have a beautiful Labrador dog “greeter” in the morning! How unique and fun is that! The hotel is gorgeous! It is great how they mixed history with new. It is just beautiful! My room was so pretty and comfortable. It felt like a “spa room”. The grounds were amazing, with all the flowers and greenery. The location is perfect - across from the water and right in the cute and quaint downtown - which is very walkable. I want to take my family back and stay at this hotel.
My only disappointment was that my room was near the concierge private room and I didn’t pay extra for it so couldn’t go in. I didn’t have time to spend in it anyway. It was only a bummer because I walked by it several times a day.
Still - absolutely loved my time at the Fairmont!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
ManagerEmpress, General Manager at Fairmont Empress, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for all the wonderful comments. We look forward to the opportunity to have you join us again sometime soon.