Of course this is the symbol of Victoria.
As expected, from other visits to other Fairmonts, the rooms are small and everything comes with a price tag. But it is still annoying to pay 500$/night to be right over the kitchen fans and the odors that comes with it.
As you may know, for 500$/night nothing is included so open your wallet for everything.
• No breakfast
• No 24 hrs tea/coffee station
• Need to pay the bellboy to carry your luggage
• Parking and valet costs
• No fridge in the room to keep your beverages cold
• If you are younger than babyboomers, the front desk staff doesn’t necessarily treat you the same way old folks are welcomed – even if I have the Fairmont President Club card.
Since I asked for a microwave (not a common appliance in this type of top-tier venue), as I wanted to heat up some leftovers and save a few $$ – they delivered it for free to the staff deserves a tip of the hat for that.
But this is what those emblematic hotels are all about: you do not get a good bang for your buck, but rather the privilege to sleep there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regarded as a Condé Nast Readers' Choice and Gold List hotel, and honoured with the Travel + Leisure distinction as a top Canadian hotel, the Fairmont Empress graces Victoria's sparkling Inner Harbour with an iconic presence. The Fairmont Empress, Victoria B.C.’s most iconic hotel, has just unveiled a $60 million dollar restoration.This luxury hotel offers 464 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, and expansive meeting and wedding space adjacent to the conference centre. Located on the picturesque West Coast of Canada, this is the ideal location to explore all the natural beauty of Vancouver Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fairmont Empress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
- Victoria Fairmont
- Fairmont Empress Hotel