“Just Okay”

Ranked #83 of 1,209 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We serve the best cuts of beef,aged then grilled to perfection.We also offer fresh seafood alternatives,local organics and vegetarian options.Everything is house made.We keep it fresh, fun and local by offering nightly food and drink features, including surf & turf for $12.99 on Tuesdays and complimentary wings with the purchase of your first bottle of beer on Thursdays. Live music on Fridays! Open 7 days a week; breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went to Vic's because of the discount from the Towers hotel. Fish & Chips were good, but not great. Service was good, but again, not great. Yet I still left a good tip!

There are newer reviews for Vic's Steakhouse

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service by Dominic made this experience excellent. He picked up on our not wanting to be rushed and he placed our appetizer and entree orders accordingly. When making the reservation, he asked if it was a special occasion and my partner advised it was a birthday celebration. Dominic wished me a Happy Birthday upon arrival and at the end of the meal, presented us with two desert choices, on the house, complete with one birthday candle.

On the down side, I was surprised by the lack of items on the menu and asked if we were in the steak house section or still in the lounge section. Food was very flavorful with a very good presentation. They definitely need to revamp the menu which may occur with the imminent arrival of a new chef. Right now the menu definitely does not reflect being a "steak house".

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Spent two nights at theTowers. We had a voucher for Vics for $20. What a disappointment. What dind of steakhouse only has one steak and a steak sandwich???? My sister-in-law ordered a pasta dish that was suppose to have shrimp in it, but there were no shrimp. Our meal took far too long to come to the table. My husband and I also were unhappy with our meals. Our waiter was nice, but not very attentive. I would not reccommend this restaurant to anyone. There are many really good restaurants in Victoria...........try any of them first.

1  Thank cb1968
Reviewed November 2, 2012

As we were staying in the hotel we went for dinner on a very rainy night. Two couples arrived at the same time. Waited and watched the 2 servers running around, it was quite busy in the lounge but the restaurant wasn't. The server asked if we had a reservation and didn't seem to know what to do when we said we didn't...... had to set up a table....... the restaurant wasn't busy, but I was surprised they didn't have more table set up at the front of the restaurant.... the back was fully set up but they didn't seem to want to put anyone there. Service when we had it was good. I had the pasta special, husband had a steak sandwich, both good..... That with wine was $80+.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I wrote a outstanding review of this restaurant several months ago as I frequented it for business every 2-3 months for several years. Well menu has changed. For a restaurant that calls itself a steakhouse it is a huge dissapointment. Yes the steak they serve is great but there are only a couple of choices. And what kind of a steakhouse does not serve a baked potato???

Service - On Oct 24 - not great. We chose to share a couple of dishes and for these prices I expected that they would show us the courtesy and split the dishes - not so - we had to clumsily do this ourselves. The worst part: we expressed our disappointment that they no longer had a smaller steak offering and as we were departing we overheard a different server communicating a "steak special" for a 6 oz. which we would have ordered for sure rather than splitting a 10oz!!! No meal specials were communicated by our server....! Definately going back to the KEG for steak cravings in the future.

The menu appears that Vics is branching out more into burgers.