“next to Hotel Rialto”
Review of Veneto Tapa Lounge

Veneto Tapa Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Veneto Tapa Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,204 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pandora
Transit: One block in any direction.
Description: A stylish sophisticated urban lounge in the heart of downtown Victoria, Veneto is the ideal place to unwind with co-workers and friends. Adorned in exotic wood, leather and Italian marble, Veneto seduces patrons with its extensive cocktail menu and its savoury offerings from our chef. Every entree is presented tapas style and comprised of three unique dishes within the entree. Our executive chef Tod Bosence has designed flavours that are unique yet complimentary, and that provide an engaging taste experience, ideal for sharing. Veneto's bartenders led by Simon Ogden, display their knowledge and passion with a classically inspired cocktail list. Fresh squeezed citrus, only top shelf spirits and exacting techniques. Veneto offers its patrons a small but significant wine selection, both by bottle and by the glass. We specialize in North American Craft beer as well as boast the largest selection of bourbons in the city.
Boston, Massachusetts
“next to Hotel Rialto”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Good choice for a light dinner or snacks with drinks. Reasonably priced, delicious and generous cheese plate, yummy sauteed brussell sprouts and pork and beef sliders. Informal. Friendly wait staff. Rather dark interior. The only natural outside light is in the bar. The restaurant is behind the bar and has no exterior light.

Visited April 2014

“Fantastic drinks!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The bartenders are fantastic and they make the best martinis in the city! Their drink selection is unbelievable.

Visited April 2014
Vancouver Island
“Knew my drink choice before I could say it.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have been to Veneto a couple of times, once to try the food (which was pretty good, but not amazing) and another couple times to have some drinks. The last time I was in, I wandered in from the rain to wait for my bus. I thought, why not have a tasty drink while I wait. Well, before I even said what I wanted, I glanced up from the menu and the bartender said...let me guess, prosecco based drink is what your after? Um, if I wasn't married I would have thought he was my soulmate. I love a great prosecco cocktail, which is exactly what he delivered. I only said not too sweet, and he created a delightful prosecco, elderflower and mint cocktail, which was so good that I missed my bus and had to stay for one more. All in all, the ambience is great for friendly gatherings or just on your own to sample some great drinks at the bar. You will be taken care of by the friendly staff. I should go back to try the food, but the drinks are so good I think I ll fill up on them instead. Salut!

• Visited June 2013
Burnaby, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tapas”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I ate here twice while I stayed at the hotel. I had the cheese platter, calamari and fish tacos. All 3 were delicious. The staff were great.

Visited February 2014
Vancouver, BC
“great tapas; very different, very tasty”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

In the Rialto hotel (get a free cheese board which is great when you check in!). Nice wine selection, great food. waitress was awesome too.

• Visited February 2014