“Double Charged”

Sandbar-Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #795 of 1,189 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: I took my friends there for a nice dinner, but was extremely disappointed. We had 4 appetizers and 4 drinks plus 1 ice tea for a total of $91. plus. The food was mediocre bar food. I had some oysters. They were suppose to be Rockefeller, but were not even close to it. The service was friendly . They were serving specials in the bar, but would not serve us the same in the restaurant. The drinks were nothing special. Prices are completely over the top. I am a professional and have operated my own fine dining restaurant for 26 years successfully. We will NEVER set foot in this place again, and hopefully I can warn some unsuspecting Tourists to fall in this trap.
Ottawa, Canada
“Double Charged”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Sandbar Wharf isn't reputed for its seafood -- but something is smelling pretty fishy about this place.

It was a good meal but not worth the money we paid ... On my last bill, I noted that they had charged us double for our meal and more since they added the amount for the meal plus the total of the invoice once tip was included.

Service was terrible so a $131 + $9 (tip) would have been $140 but the charge to my credit card was $271 so when I tried to contact them, I found out they have no internet site, their phone # is not in service, etc.

When I called Telus myself for a number, they told me they had no listing for a Sandbar Wharf Restaurant in Victoria. Hmmm!

One piece of advice would be to stay away from that restaurant. You can even check BBB which gave them an F for failure...

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Michel H

Oregon
“I enjoyed it”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had read the reviews and so was slightly uneasy when my husband suggested we eat there. He had been there several years before and remembered an enjoyable lunch. We were seated near a window overlooking False Creek. We enjoyed the view of the water taxis coming and going. We had a lovely waitress who (like every person we have met in Canada) was very friendly. I had a crab club that was delicious. Only one charge on my Visa bill. I did think the menu was a little pricey for lunch, but if you want to eat in the area, you do pay.

• Visited August 2012
Sudbury Ontario
“Happy we went,”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

After reading some reviews about this place, we gave it a try and the food was great, so was the service.

Visited March 2012
Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Good food, good service, great ambiance”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were looking for a good seafood restaurant and Sandbar-Wharf met our expectation. The lobster was very good and the salmon was cooked almost perfectly. The quality and quantity of the food was very good, so we don't think it was overpriced. We enjoyed just sitting there having our drinks once we ate our food. If we ever visit Victoria again, we will definitely go back to Sandbar Restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Actually was fine..”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stopped in for lunch, sat at the bar.. food was good, bartender was nice and friendly, attractive.. lol.. we ended up going back later for drinks, met lots of people at the bar, different bartenders but were all fun.. so far no double billing..

• Visited September 2011