“Yummy fishy chips!”

Ranked #432 of 1,196 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: This place has been serving victoria since 1930 and is a bit of an institution.I bought it in jan2013 and we are going to keep it going strong for manny more years to come.I am from wales in the U.K and have worked in and owned fish and chips shops for most of my years so when the old vic was up for sale it went without saying that it was perfect.We will be keeping the original fish and chips but adding some british additions to our new menu.We are in the process of having some work done as old vic looks a bit tired i.e a new paint and floors etc.. but all in small stages.We will keep with the original look as i think after talking to our guests that they love the old place so not to many changes.Please come and see us and give us your feedback we would love to hear from you thanksPaul
seattle
“Yummy fishy chips!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We dropped in here with our brood of boys and each had a nice lunch. Our waitress was the owners sister recently from Wales and she was sweet and friendly! It's got an old fashioned feel and the portions were generous. We enjoyed our afternoon at Vic's.

• Visited August 2013

Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Frozen in Time...”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I beat the lunch crowd on a Monday. The place is well-kept, and the decor is virtually IDENTICAL to how it was 30 years ago. Also, the halibut and chips haven't changed a bit. Service was fast, friendly and efficient, and the coffee was great.

• Visited April 2013
Raphine, Virginia
“authentic and tasty”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food was great but the nicest thing about the place was the very pleasant and helpful server. We told her we were looking for Abzeckie (sp) garden and needed to find its location. We didnt mean for her to research that but she did and returned with good directions. Above and beyond!

• Visited July 2013
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I went for the cod and my wife went for the Halibut. Both were excellent! My wife substituted salad for the chips and it was fine. I really liked the coleslaw and the peas. Very authentic and very tasty!

Visited July 2013
“Don't order salad”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I ordered a salad with halibut but my order came as 1 PC halibut with salad. The server was new so I forgave that and decided to have the meal. The halibut was excellent! My daughter ordered 2 PC halibut with a split of fries and salad. Again her halibut was excellent. Both our salads were not edible. They smelled like freon, the cucumbers looked like they had been frozen and the lettuce was limp and tasted awful. We complained and had the price of our meals reduced but they said they would continue to serve the salads!

• Visited July 2013