“Wonderful!”

Ranked #110 of 1,227 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: We offer an unpretentious rustic Italian menu in an authentic Tuscan tradition, with French, Spanish, and Mediterranean elements added in for extra flavour, all prepared with a dedication to using fresh regional ingredients.
Reviewed March 18, 2012

So happy to find another great Italian spot; I much prefer it to that other one down the lane.....

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We took advantage of the "Dine Around" set menu specials at Fiamo before we attended the opera this week.
Our server, Kaila S. did a fantastic job of being friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and generally providing great service.
The special 3 course menu specials for $30 and $40 were well chosen and beautifully cooked and presented.
I had the $40 menu and chose the Panko crusted goat cheese and vine ripe tomato salad, the rack of lamb and tiramisu. All 3 menu choices were delicious. The medium lamb was cooked to perfection.
My husband had the$30 set menu and chose the minestrone, Shaved prosciutto pizza and mascarpone cheesecake. He said it was the best minestrone he had ever had (and this after taste testing many soups in Italy this spring past).
Each menu had 3 choices for each course, all of which were tempting. They also offered a $30 celiac set menu.
The restaurant is tastefully decorated and located right in downtown Victoria making it a convenient choice for tourists.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We were a party of 6 when we had pre-Christmas dinner and drinks at Fiamo on Yates. The space is sort of mysteriously dark but welcoming and comfortable. We had excellent service that night and met the chef as well as (I believe) the owner Dave (?). There was lots of sharing that night so I got to try more from the menu then I might have otherwise. The standouts for me though were the meatballs in delicious tomato sauce, the fig pizza with a very thin crust and exceptional toppings and the flan for dessert. I can't remember ever eating flan and telling someone about it but this place has flan down solid! It was out of this world. There was something else with a chocolate-y crust and I want to say peanut butter and chocolate mousse that was absolutely scrumptious.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I never seem to get here before the kitchen closes, but I've had their food once and it was a great West Coast take of classic Italian dining.

The bar, however, is large yet cozy, and faces a stunning liquor collection. The usual late night bartenders there, Scott and Wilson, are great guys with a huge mixology knowledge. Not only that, but it's the only place in the city that has Prosecco on tap.

There's nothing like having a post-dinner glass of sparkling wine or scotch at Fiamo whether you ate dinner there or not.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

While staying in Victoria at the Magnolia Hotel, we were given a variety of restaurant recommendations from the front desk; this was one of them and it was a bit further walk-wise (not far at all, though), we were so glad we chose it! Wonderful Mediterranean menu, specialty pasta's, great wine, cozy, lovely atmosphere. A perfect ending to our day. Very reasonably priced, great service. Would definitely return here.