“LOVED It!!.,” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Historical Chinatown Walking Tour
Ranked #19 of 105 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Behind Victoria's old-world charm lie tales of eccentric characters, heroic deeds, intrigue, love, hangings, murder and GHOSTS!Ghostly Walks tours are scheduled year-round, they last 90 minutes and take place rain or shine.
Victoria, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“LOVED It!!.,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I live in Victoria and it was amazing to hear all of the history this city holds.

We paid for the tour at the visitor information centre which I didn't know you could and then exchanged our receipts for our stickers with John Adams. We were a group of five and felt that the price we paid was decent and well worth it. I was actually surprised to see how many people actually showed up for this tour, and more so that it was mainly locals and very few people from out of town. I'm not sure why this is but maybe they need to do more advertising because this tour should not be missed.

Our guide was very I formative and kept the tour interesting. Some people in our group weren't into the ghost stories but still enjoyed learning about all of the history. I think they balance the history with the ghostly tales well (you can't really have one without the other).

I will definitely do one of their tours again (they have 8 different routes), and I will also look into doing their China town and neighbourhood walks.

***if you have mobility issues I would suggest doing the 7:30 tour on Saturday because there's many opportunities to sit and listen to the stories. However, don't let this stop you from enjoying the other tours. We had two people in our group with mobility issues (one with an extensive cardiac history) and they had no problems at all. They keep a nice leisurely pace.****

Visited June 2013
3 Thank meeko_2011

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I loved this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been meaning to review the ghost walk since I went on it in April. I work in the hospitality industry in Victoria so I try to go on as many of the local tours as I can so I can provide our hotel guests with first hand information. I was not at all disappointed on the ghost walk. The tour guide was a natural storyteller and truly painted a picture for us of Victoria as a gold rush town. It was very interesting to see the city that you live in as it once was, and to hear the seedy history behind well-loved buildings of the Inner Harbour, the surrounding area, and the ghosts who still live there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the tour to anyone and I look forward to going on the other walking tours offered by the same company!

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fun night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a great night tonight. The stories our guide told were all very interesting. There were lots of stops so he could show us what he was talking about and chances to see the ghosts (if they were out and about). Not too creepy except at the end when we finished in a haunted room and he began telling us about the experiences people had in there. Overall an awesome night out and will definitely do it again

Puyallup, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very informative”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter was disappointed that we didn’t see any real ghosts, but the tour guide did an excellent job. He was very informative and sharp witted making for a fun tour.

Puyallup, Washington