“well researched and presented”

Ghostly Walks Walking Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$11.41*
and up
Ghostly Walking Tour in Victoria
Ranked #22 of 108 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Behind Victoria's old-world charm lie tales of eccentric characters, heroic deeds, intrigue, love, hangings, murder and GHOSTS!Ghostly Walks tours are scheduled year-round, they last 90 minutes and take place rain or shine.
Nanaimo, Canada
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“well researched and presented”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

John Adams, founder of the business, has worked with the B.C. heritage community for many decades. He's a masterful storyteller and interpreter of the past.

Each year Discover the Past Tours participates in the 'Be a Tourist in Your Hometown' end of February/ early March event and offers free tours. It's a great way to be introduced to an area of downtown, Market Square.

The walks are reasonably priced and open your eyes to the layers of history in Victoria.

John collects information about various experiences people continue to have in various hotels and venues in Victoria.

If you are sensitive to the spirit world, you can choose your hotel experience and perhaps encounter some of the characters that make up the history of Victoria.

This is not a scary experience and kids who want the ghosts to jump out them might be disappointed...until they go to try and go to sleep that night.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank sharon r

Lakewood, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good stories, shock factors not necessary”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Victoria ghost stories are riveting and our guides "the grim reaper" and Chris are expert storytellers. However, the little guy running around with the skeleton mask on to scare us was annoying.

Sherwood Park , Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loads of fun, great walk and knowledgeable guides!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was the first time my two girlfriends and I have gone on a "girls-get-away" trip together. My only request for this trip was to go on a Ghost Walk. John Adams, who runs the tours, is a very intelligent, personable and knowledgeable man. There were enough people that we were split into two groups. One for the thrill-seekers and one for the faint of heart. We were in the second group, with one of John's colleagues, and we were not disappointed. Lots of history, interesting stories and a very pleasant walk. I have been on ghost walks in other cities around the world and this was very much on par. Other reviewers on here who were actually expecting to see ghosts, all I can say is "Really?!" This was a ghost walk - not a paranormal investigation experience!

All in all my girlfriends and I had a fun time and would recommend the walk to anyone! Lots of fun!

Visited November 2012
British Columbia
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“so much Fun”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I went here on my visit during the winter-it was a freezing, but clear night. probably the most fun I'd had in a long time! The staff are incredibly knowing of the history of Victoria-and yes, it was a bit spooky!

Visited January 2012
Vancouver Island, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great way to learn some haunted history and spend some time downtown!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A friend and I thought it would be a cool idea to do one of the ghostly walks, and we were both glad we did! We went to the 9:30 walk on a slightly rainy Friday night, and it ended up being only us and our guide but it was a lot of fun. Our guide was very knowledgable and such a great story teller! We learned not only stories of haunted buildings, but also quite a bit of history of the downtown area which I found very interesting. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, it was money well spent.

Visited October 2012