“You HAVE TO go on these trips!”

Big Fish Expeditions Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Big Fish Expeditions specializes in diving adventures and safaris with big animals such as sharks, whales, dolphins, bears, large cats, gorillas, crocodiles and other predatory mammals and reptiles. Big Fish runs expeditions to the world's most exotic diving and safari destinations.
Reviewed April 22, 2018

I had a chance last week to go swim in the Atlantic Oceans on the Tiger Shark trip and it was nothing short of life changing. We were treated like VIP guests the entire time and we ended up swimming with 6 different types of sharks including Tigers, Great Hammerhead, Lemon, and many others. Andy is a legend of a tour guide. The guy smiles all day and takes so much joy in doing these adventures.

All reviews
"knowledge"
"tours"
"crew"

Reviewed January 17, 2018

The trip was on the Rocio del Mar which is excellent run, great (and plentiful food) and most important, attentive and very professional and proficient dive masters. Even though I am an experienced diver in low viz./current environments, I also appreciated the attention to safety given the unique and challenging conditions of being in open ocean with large (6-10 foot) swells. The diving was fantastic and Andy’s knowledge of where and how to find the big fish and even the smaller fishes was boundless. I also truly appreciated the camaraderie and how personable the crew were and enjoyed exchanging stories with Andy and others each day after diving. I will recommend this trip and any Big Fish Expeditions to any serious diver I meet.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

I've done several trips with Big Fish Expeditions and couldn't be happier with Andy & Laura and the experiences they provide!

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

This was my second tour with Big Fish Expeditions and luckily both were trips of a lifetime! We were lucky to be one of the last charters allowed to swim with Blue Whales in Sri Lanka this year and it was a phenomenal trip. We swam with Blue Whales daily for 7 days while aboard The Aggressor Sri Lanka Yacht. We had Andy's (Big Fish owner and tour operator) expertise in taking groups on adventures all over the globe and things could not have gone better. I also joined an Orca (killer whale) swim in Norway in 2016 and it also was a trip of a lifetime. It just keeps getting better! I recognize that when doing adventure tours dealing with wildlife you cannot control the animals nor the elements and it's not guaranteed you will have an amazing encounter, but of all the big whale tours I've traveled with since 2012, Big Fish Expeditions is by far the best! Highly recommended. I am also booked to do a land gorilla and chimp tour in Uganda in 2018!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I joined Big Fish Expeditions for a four day adventure hoping to see sailfish "in the wild". And see sailfish we did. Not as many as we'd like, but nothing is for sure when on an eco-tour.

In my view this is maybe not a trip for the faint of heart. I say that only because if there is much wind (e.g. > 10 mph), the seas can be quite choppy and that in turn makes for a rather rough ride.

Also, wind combined with choppy waters discourage the presence of frigate birds which are key to finding bait balls and subsequently sailfish. So if you don't find bait balls, you aren't likely to find sailfish.

It's all part of the adventure!

We were generally on the water for close to 7-8 hours everyday, so not much time for other activities. Unless the weather is bad enough to close the harbour, in which case Andy has other options such as diving with bull sharks or diving the cenotes. During my trip, we looked for sailfish everyday.

Andy, the owner/guide is extensively well traveled and equally knowledgeable. He offers multiple trips all over the globe. Level of difficulty varies so be sure to ask lots of questions before committing.

This was definitely an "adventure trip" more than a "kickback and relax" trip. And I'm glad I went on this trip, but would choose one of Andy's higher-probability-of-an-encounter type trip next time.

1  Thank heron48