“Eco Oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Cottage Pirouette B&B
Ranked #18 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Hartford, Connecticut
“Eco Oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

What a lovely B&B we happened upon. On a whim we drove to Canada and didn't have lodging reservations but were so happy we landed here. We were warmly welcomed and made to feel right at home. The room was huge and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The backyard is a beautiful, regisitered eco habitat with space for relaxing and reading. The hostess, Lorraine, was able to accomodate my gluten allergy and still serve a tasty, full, hearty breakfast. Another added bonus was she gave us directions to a nearby restaurant that also makes and sells amazing chocolates. Overall, we had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank carla h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed for six nights over the Christmas week and received a special rate for the Camelia room. We thoroughly enjoyed Lorraine's warm personality and her invitation to allow us to come and go as we pleased. Breakfasts were most generous and delicious. Having a kitchenette available to the guests was a great convenience. The room on the second story, complete with bath, was clean, comfortable and allowed us an uninterrupted stay. The house was beautifully decorated inside and out for Christmas. To note, a slight problem with the driveway - heavy, low cars can scrape on the sidewalk. Back seat passengers need to get out before driving in. The location is excellend as it is only a ten minute walk from our daughter's home.This has been our second stay and we look forward to more.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are accessed by a narrow staircase
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DJean L
Victoria_B_C_Peace, Owner at Cottage Pirouette B&B, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear DJean L;

Thank you for taking the time to write in with your Christmastime feedback. Staying for two years in a row, you're a wonderful part of the Christmas spirit at Cottage Pirouette, and we thank you for bringing your warmth to the household. In the early years at Cottage Pirouette, we would close shop for 3 days over Christmas. Now, with the handy kitchenette in what we call Dining Room "B", everyone is able to meet their own schedules for Christmas morning, as we provide a self-serve breakfast option that day.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the driveway entrance. It was on my mind, but I knew that if the sidewalk were opened up, then I'd want to do the yard lighting system, and then that would mean doing the sprinkler system, and that would mean changing the entire garden beforehand, as the deer that have moved into the area have changed what will last through the seasons. The scenario reminds me of the children's book "If You Give a Moose a Muffin". Thanks for the nudge; I started in on the garden after putting the Christmas lights away, and the driveway will be done before high season this year. In the meantime, we find that if guests pull in slowly at a slight diagonal to the first entrance, there is no problem. As it is a circle loop driveway, there is always the other entrance for low-lying vehicles or those that may be weighed down.

We look forward to serving you again next Christmas, or any time throughout the year. Thank you very much once again. The best to you and yours,
Lorraine
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed there for two nights at cottage pirouette during the summer. From our longttrip in west canada (four weeks) this was, unfortunaltely, not the best location we stayed in, by far. The room, bathroom and location were quite old fashioned (with some broken items) and we didn't feel the welcome that one could expect from such B&B. Top of that, the location was far away from victoria downtown and not very convenient to go to. Finally, we didn't feel that this was a good value for money deal, as the cost was high

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Victoria_B_C_Peace, Owner at Cottage Pirouette B&B, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear M76etM77;
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our goal is to have 100% guest satisfaction, so I was sorry to hear that our property did not meet your expectations. I wish I had heard your concerns 5 months ago during your stay, and I would have addressed them then.

Cottage Pirouette was built in 1939, and the north wing which hosts Rose and your room Azalea was an addition made after we opened as a B & B. Like many Victoria B & B’s that honour the era in which the house was built, I had the tiles and sink custom made and set into a solid oak vanity to create the charm that was reminiscent of days gone by. Though there are photos of the rooms on the website, had you mentioned your disappointment in the “old-fashioned style", I could have offered another room. Though there is nothing broken in that or any other room, sometimes guests find that the mechanics of things are different than home, and simply ask for assistance. Perhaps you did not feel comfortable doing that, so I apologize for any stress that you may have endured.

As is stated on our website under location, we are a 6 minute drive from the heart of town. There is a bus stop in front of the house, and the ride to town is exactly 12 minutes. The harbourside walkway to town is an exhilarating walk. Most guests find our location perfect for the convenience to not only town, but attractions that are west and north, and that it is quieter and more peaceful than town.

Regarding the welcome, I do my best to make everyone feel comfortable and I am sorry that you felt our services were lacking. I try to make life easier for parents with small children by providing extra towels and necessities. We provided a futon and bedding for your baby, but did not charge for the extra person as we appreciated your 3 night stay.

Victoria is one of the most expensive cities in N.America, so the $159/night that you paid for our best room is an excellent rate for an accredited member of B.C. Approved Accommodations, B.C. Innkeepers Association, and Best Inns of Victoria.

We value our guests' opinions highly, and appreciate the time you have taken in your feedback. I was already excited about 2013 transitions, and receiving your review made me confident that the decisions for Cottage Pirouette B & B are good ones. Please look forward to the opening of a multi-purpose studio space and facelifts in many of the bedrooms, with updates on our website. We encourage our guests to inform us of anything needed in order to be comfortable, and we continue to upgrade and work hard to provide an excellent experience for all.

Wishing a happy new year and happy travels to you and yours, Lorraine.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I spent a wonderful weekend at Cottage Pirouette. The hostess was very friendly and helpful on local knowledge questions and other matters. Comfortable room, clean bathrooms, exceptional breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fergus59
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a night at the Cottage Pirouette B&B where enjoyed a spacious room and a wonderful breakfast of of sausage and scrambled organic free range eggs, my favorite! Breakfast was accompanied by a fresh fruit salad and toasted homemade brown bread, delicious! We very much appreciated the hospitality after a long bike ride which included coffee and excellent homemade apple pie!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GuidoV115
Courtenay BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Clean, quiet and very friendly atmosphere. The bed was comfortable, nice quiet area. Public areas were fine, and the Hostess was welcoming. Bathroom was clean. Did not rent an en suite unit, but shared the bathroom with one other guest with no problems. We will stay again, and recommend to friends!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dxbdave
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Spent two nice nights at this B and B. Excellent breakfast, comfy bed. Host was very considerate and attentive. Place to park my bicycle inside - somehow this can be an issue elsewhere. Short distance from downtown by bike and not far at all to beautiful view of the Strait.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Noel H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victoria
English Inn
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,515 reviews
The Oswego Hotel
#6 of 52 in Victoria
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,586 reviews

Been to Cottage Pirouette B&B? Share your experiences!