“Always reliable; fantastic pizzeria”

Pizzeria Prima Strada
Ranked #52 of 1,223 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Neapolitan Pizza. At Prima Strada, we're passionate for the fire-roasted pizzas born in Naples, Italy. We pay homage to our Italian roots with a commitment to simple, fresh ingredients on traditional wood-fired, thin crust pizza. Join us for wood-fired pizza, seasonal salads, cocktails, craft beer, Italian wine by the glass, house made gelato and caffe!
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've been around, including Italy, and this place is "must-go" territory. Normally I'm not a great pizza eater (wdn't be seen dead with the usual muck) but ... boy, oh boy!! ... do these guys know how to make pizza! It's their own dough; it's made right in front of your eyes to order, and lovingly cooked in a super-professional, hickory fired brick oven. Best thin-crust I've ever tasted.
All the accoutrements are to the same standard. Pleasant, attentive service.
Always a pleasure. A regular spot for our victoria visits.
I've run out of good things to say, so just go!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We saw the crowd on a Monday night, so decided to put our name in line. We were called quickly but had to sit at the bar, which ended up being more enjoyable than expected as we watched the food being prepared. The appetizers (we had olives and a salami plate) were generous and tasty. We had oven-fired mushrooms added to the 4-cheese pizza which was excellent. They also offered a nice selection of beer and wine. Dessert--ahh, no, we were way too full, even had to doggie-bag some of the appetizer olives!

1  Thank Hollyrik
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I had been told there would be a line-up, but luckily the rain kept the masses away this Sat.
I ordered the Diavola pizza with extra Gaeta olives, a glass of red wine to accompany.
What a flavour treat, lovely crust and a spicy Calabrese sausage. My server was so attentive that my solo visit will be repeated as soon as I can visit again.
Keep up the excellence!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Menu is very limited, crust tasted like cardboard with a rubber-like consistency. Toppings were very sparse and overall the flavour was bland. My wife had the fungi and felt ill shortly afterwards.

Won't be back.

1  Thank Ba88
Reviewed February 14, 2014

As a New Yorker at heart, I've had trouble finding pizza that measures up to my favourite NY pizza joints. We went to Pizzeria Prima Strada on a recommendation, and it was amazing. The pizza is thin-crust and delicious. We'll be back the next time we're in Victoria!

Our advice is to stay clear of the salads, which are a bit overpriced for their simplicity, and go for the awesome pizza alone. It's the best pizza we've found west of the Hudson.

1  Thank sankoji