“Best pizza in town”

Ranked #51 of 1,222 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Neapolitan Pizza. At Prima Strada, we're passionate for the fire-roasted pizzas born in Naples, Italy. We pay homage to our Italian roots with a commitment to simple, fresh ingredients on traditional wood-fired, thin crust pizza. Join us for wood-fired pizza, seasonal salads, cocktails, craft beer, Italian wine by the glass, house made gelato and caffe!
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Prima Strada in Cook Street Village is a must destination if you like pizzas with thin crust and fresh, interesting combination toppings. The salads are very good too. For 2 we always share a pizza and a salad. Pizzas only come in one size.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had to wait about 10 minutes to get a table as they don't take reservations. It was entirely worth it!! My husband and I shared the cheese plate to start and then the Margherita pizza. It was the best tomato sauce - very fresh tasting. They do also provide take out service. I highly recommend this place if your are looking for unique flavours.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Myself and my nine year old daughter were disappointed with our recent visit. We chose to eat here because of its rating on trip advisor. To begin our server lacked the welcoming and warmth that we have experienced in so many other eateries/restaurants in Victoria. The trio of gents behind the counter making our pizza were a contrast and appeared to be more engaged not only in their work but also with the patrons - my daughter and I included. They were very patient in responding to my questions and did readily make the accommodations that I requested with the ingredients/toppings on our pizzas to accommodate my daughter's preferences and my sensitivities. I was disappointed by what I saw as a very limited selection of toppings particulary for a vegetarian, which I am. The crust of the pizza was beautiful but did not retain its crispiness for long which was disappointing. Additionally, the cheese which was beautiful was very sparsely placed on the pizza - it could have benefitted from a little more. I do agree with the other reviewers however that the general quality of the ingredients and the pizza is very good. The pizzas were of a very good size however and we left with a lot of leftovers. Our experience was disappointing and not only would I not return ... I would not recommend this place!

3  Thank Koru2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is definitely the place to be! On a Saturday we went at 4:45 and had no problem, but the lineup started soon after. Sharing a meat ball appetizer and then one pizza was quite doable for two. Meatballs outstanding! Salsiccia Piccante was a fennel sausage and was a delicious choice. House wines served in glass tumblers. I wouldn't order take out because I think oven fired pizza has to be eaten immediately, but that's me. Really fun for family and friends.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic value, serving some of the best pizza to be found in Victoria. Reminds me of the food served by Lombardo's Ristorante on Commercial Drive in Vancouver. Great value for family and/or groups of friends. Will be back the next time we are in Victoria.