“Ocean River Adventures”

Victoria Harbour Sunset Kayak Tour
Ranked #3 of 110 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy the ultimate Victoria Kayaking Experience with Ocean River Adventures. Located in Victoria’s Inner Harbour kayaking is a great way to explore our historic city. Join us on one of our Urban Kayak tours or Sunset Tour. We also offer an Oak Bay Shoreline Kayaking Tour as well as our unique Discovery Island Kayak or Nature Hiking Tour. Offering expeditions, tours and courses throughout the Vancouver Island region, our guests will experience all the wild West Coast has to offer. Hands-on education about water and marine conservation is a key theme and we only employ certified guides that respect sensitive ecosystems and species while teaching about the importance of ocean sustainability, preservation and conservation. Victoria’s premier paddling and outdoor adventure company. Want to try something different? We are also a premium stand up paddle tour operator in the southern Vancouver Island and Victoria region.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Highly recommended adventure for teens. adults, active seniors. Jordie and Santiago were skilled kayakers, professional and fun. We learned so much about underwater life, flora and fauna on Discovery Island in an exquisite setting. Superb lunch, relaxed picnic on the deserted beach. More locals should take in this experience!

OceanRiverAdventures, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean River Sports, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Discovery Island Kayaking Tour! It sounds like you had a fantastic time. There is so much sea life and unique flora in the area. The education is easy to come-by when you are able to spend time in this gorgeous area!

We hope to see you out on the water again soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a great time exploring the Oak Bay islands with our guide Santiago who was thorough and knowledgeable. Everything about the day was very well done with great attention to detail and safety. Our equipment was in excellent condition and the tour was ready to be sure we had everything we might need: sun screen hats, sunglasses and a delicious lunch. The islands are beautiful and we enjoyed every minute of our day seeing seals, eagles, kelp crabs, and much more. Highly recommended to everyone visiting Victoria.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The day trip to Discovery Island and kayaking around it is just spectacular fun! The Olympic Mountains loom in the background and up close you see eagles, sea otters, blue herons, kelp crabs, and clear clear water. The kayaking is not too strenuous but plenty invigorating. Lunch was delicious. Santiago is very safety conscious and careful about everything. I have a disability and was worried it would interfere. He made it easy and comfortable for me to enjoy my day. Then at the end of the day, he dropped by our hotel to bring us our camera case we had left. Altogether a first class operation and just great fun!

OceanRiverAdventures, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean River Sports, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience on the Discovery Island Tour! I am so glad your experience was so great, although the scenery and wildlife do half of that for us! Santiago is fantastic and an absolute pleasure to paddle with! We hope to have you out with us again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a day -long kayak adventure to Discovery Island with Santiago on Father's Day. He did a tremendous job, and was totally safe and knowledgeable. We were looking for a tour that offered a more up close and personal experience with the area, and this did it. I would highly recommend this tour to others. I only wish we had seen the island wolf!

1  Thank K K

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of the Discovery Island tour! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! The weather has been great lately, though the Discovery and Chatham Islands are stunning in any weather. You will have to come by again and try to spot the wolf - she is quite amazing!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My Name Is BOB COOK.
I enrolled on an introductory course of Kayak Skills, our instructor was, Mike Barnes. He was very thorough in all his instruction, and I gained a great working knowledge of using a Kayak. The course was run at Elk Lake. we had a lot of fun as well. the skills I learned will stay with me as I use them with others.
Unfortunately I won't be doing much Kayaking in the ocean as I found out that I don't have the endurance or strength to go out on the ocean if a situation arises, I would end up being a burden on others.
I'm very glad to have taken the course for all that I Have learned, and would like to Thank Mike Barnes again for his teaching skills, which in my opinion were excellent!! and for the great day on Elk Lake provided by our Father in Heaven.
Once again thank you Ocean River for providing the teaching and teachers.
BOB COOK, Toronto Ontario.