“Best Pace in the City for a great meal!”

Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have been to the Oak Bay Beach Hotel numerous times since it has opened. It is the "go to" spot in town for us to take family and visitors to the region. Victoria is filled with great places to eat and many have great service and great food. But the Beach Hotel is the only one with Great Food, Great Service and an Amazing view of the Ocean, Mnt Baker all tied in with a 5 Star Hotel and the regions very best Chef, Ian Rene has taken the Hotel and Restaurant to entire new level with enticing meals created using local seafood, produce and spices as well as some more simple Pub food that is more "Comfort" based but still way above your normal pub fair if you decide to visit and eat at the "Snug" pub. I would highly suggest this location for Business Lunch meetings in the Pub, Romantic getaways and Family and Friend special meals when in town. You will leave satisfied for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,398)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

There is much to love about this hotel: the service, new facilities, and the outdoor pool. They pick up clients downtown in their Benz. Can't ask for more.

Our only concern is that the representation of the panoramic ocean view rooms on the website did not match our panormaic ocean view room. The window in our room was smaller and did not provide a panoramic view. Guests booking panorama ocean view rooms should ask for the full window as shown on the website.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at the OBBH for 5 nights, it was a dream. The staff was helpful and the housekeeping folks took great care of our room. Our suite was beautiful, on the 5th floor with the most amazing bathroom. I spent a lot of time in that tub. The rooms are spacious, beds very comfortable. We were traveling with our 2 year old and the hotel was kind enough to provide a PacknPlay for her to sleep in. The view was wonderful and we even saw some seals one morning right outside the window. The mineral pools are terrific. It's a bit of a walk outside and down the steps to the pool but once you are there, WOW! We spent a lot of time floating around in the warm water. The two hot tubs are also wonderful. The spa is beautiful, there is a steam room and a work out room with great equipment (put it all to good use). We ate room service every night because of the little one and the food was great. I have a gluten allergy and the kitchen was very helpful to be sure that all that I had would not make me sick. We ate a Kate's Café most mornings. It's a little expensive but a nice place to get a snack and relax. The underground parking is great, since it rained every day, very convenient and the car is safe. We had a great time and hope to be back in the future. Thank you for a terrific trip

Room Tip: Room 508 - 1 Bedroom Suite, if you have little kids, it's great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DRaskin
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Cozy up in a beautiful modern room. Comfy beds and a fantastic bathroom. You can see that in the pictures. The best feature of the hotel is the heated mineral pool. Open 24HRS, it's such a great relief to hang out with your loved one in the super warm pool. There are 2 hot tubs nearby if you like to hang out in the hot, but the pool temperature was perfect.

The front desk folks are crazy friendly. They really know the city and are just great to interact with.

Another great feature is the shuttle to and from Victoria. You get picked up in a Mercedes Benz and driven around in style. Save a ton on cabs and parking and let the friendly chaps at the front desk show the sights.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I loved the trip. We only have one problem: our wine tasting was running so late that we ended up canceling. Other than that, the food and service was great as was our beach view hotel. The complimentary car service was top notch. Saved us A LOT in Taxi fares.

Room Tip: Be sure to upgrade to a beach view hotel.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our West Coast is truly one of the most beautiful places in the world. My daughter and I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Oak Bay Beach Hotel when we ferried to VI to tour UVIC- very exciting! The Hotel looked fantastic on the web site- and the reviews were glowing, so I booked us a "treat" night.
After a leisurely drive on Beach Drive, (oogling the beautiful homes) the stately Manor House style Oak Bay Beach Hotel came into view. With only overnight bags, we self parked and completed check-in in a twinkling, and we were on our way to our second floor room.
Very impressive! Bathroom and bedroom palatial and well appointed ,everything looked brand new- well supplied kitchen area with bar sink- lots of drink making supplies if you are so inclined, and two queen beds that proved to be very comfortable- perfect for a cozy afternoon nap- (did I mention it was raining?)
Feeling refreshed, we decided to use our $40 food credit in The Dining Room. My daughter had chicken, I had a peppercorn steak and both were perfection! Dessert was an explosion of taste- and just decadent enough. Your chef is a gem!
Next on the agenda- the hot mineral pools. A bit of a hike outside in the rain, (and I could not locate spa slippers in the room that might have saved me from wearing my boots with my robe)- and we discovered we were the only ones in the whole facility that evening. Floating in that gorgeous pool looking at the stars was soooo nice! I have to come back and book a massage in the spa- everything looked super clean and there is a great steam in the change room area. Best thing ever is the pools being accessible 24 hours-
The room had been turned down which was appreciated. I looked longly at the big tub and the bath salts, but couldn't stay awake. Very quiet night, great sleep-
We had a light breakfast at Kate's Cafe- that was the only disappointment- my daughters breakfast sandwich was over microwaved on high (?) and was too hot to eat, and I had to ask for a clean glass for water- the tray that was put out had crusted bits of food on the outside of every glass. The young lady that had served us appeared a bit miffed, but without a word took the tray and rewashed the glasses by hand. Medium latte, fruit muffin and breakfast sandwich with a drink was about $18, and I had left a $2 tip. Cafe was busy-
So I will, without a doubt, return to the Oak Bay Beach Hotel. I would love to take in a show at the David Foster Theatre and check out The Snug- I think I will need two nights next time!
You will not regret booking this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank podmomma
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Oak Bay Beach Hotel is a beautiful new luxury hotel in a residential type area in one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Victoria. Close to two golf courses and close to downtown Oak Bay. Oak Bay is a quaint small town but with some pretty good restaurants and shopping. The rooms are beautifully decorated and include a kitchen. Service is great and the outdoor pool is amazing. It is a 10 minute drive to downtown Victoria so if you like being in the middle of all the action this is not the hotel for you. There are lots of places to walk to and it's very close to The Marina. The hotel is also trying hard to entertain its guest by bringing in local entertainment into the David Foster Theatre.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple