Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Abigail's Hotel(Victoria)
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Helm's Inn(Victoria)
1,475 results
All reviewssnug pubmineral poolkate's cafeocean viewhot tubs areboutique suitebeautiful hotelsteam roomheated floorsspa servicesdowntown victoriasoaker tubseparate showershort drivebeautiful roomvancouver islandpools
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Spent one night in this beautiful new hotel. Fabulous ocean view room. All the staff were totally friendly, and let us do a super late 4:00pm checkout! The Dining Room was great for breakfast and dinner! Amazing pool and hot tubs perched right out on the beach. Great location for walks along the seawall to Willows beach. Totally recommended!!

Room Tip: Worth spending the money for the ocean view side of the hotel.
1  Thank Philip B
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was looking for a special place to surprise my wife for our 20th Anniversary. We are avid boaters and have been all over the Gulf and San Juan Islands, but I was drawn to the Oak Bay Beach Resort based on the very strong reviews here in Trip Advisor. We were delighted in every way.

Since my fellow TripAdvisor reviewers have been so generous and accurate in their assessments, let me offer a little perspective for people who may not be so familiar with this area.

We moved to Seattle 10 years ago, and were immediately stunned with the beauty of the region and the plethora of things to do. We were also, unfortunately, stunned with how bad the service was at some of the most popular destinations. What is going on here... we wondered? After giving it some thought and talking it over with friends, we realized that the regional challenge here is that we have a very, very short season and most of these places virtually shut down 8 months a year. Many of our nicest resorts are located in small Island communities that do not have any sort of College or University - prime recruiting grounds for sharp staff. I realized it was a big challenge for these places to get their food and service up to a true "world class" level.

The Good News is that some of our best Resorts have really stepped it up, and Oak Bay can be considered right up there with the Very Best.

Oak Bay was re-opened in December of 2012 after a lengthy re-build, and the attention to detail is impressive. This is a gorgeous property that is also warm and welcoming. (As opposed to the Four Seasons in Seattle, which is gorgeous but NOT warm and welcoming). The rooms are spacious, the public areas are great, and the views are to die for from all over. I'm not generally a "Spa" guy, but we soaked in the Mineral pools on Sunday morning as we watched the sailboats slip through the fog. A Hollywood Director could not have staged a more romantic scene.

Note to families with kids: Oak Bay is not your best option. The Kids (and you) would be much happier if you stayed at any number of great hotels in the Heart of Victoria, where there many, many family activities at your disposal. If you’re looking for a Family Friendly Resort Get-Away… Poet’s Cove on South Pender Island is your Spot.

Last, and most important is the level of Service. This is (by FAR!) the best Hotel I've stayed in in this region. There is a certain "It Factor" that some places are able to hit where they are friendly and familiar without being intrusive or phony. It's not the Disney "everybody smile" [--], it's like these people enjoy what they are doing and so you enjoy being there. They were attentive to every detail and really worked to make this a special event for us.

So… BIG THUMBS UP for Oak Bay Resort. Keep up the great work and to all my friends in the Region let’s go support this place so that we've got one to point to for all our Snobby So-Cal and East Coast friends. :-)

1  Thank JJCSeattle
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel was sheer heaven. Amazing spa pools. Wonderful suites. Good cafe. Basking sea otters in the water beyond the spa pools. The young people felt welcome - 4 aged from 13-21.
We even got to travel in the Rolls.

Room Tip: Choose a corner suite with views of the ocean from both Windows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Laura R
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in family for four days this summer and it was absolutely incredible ! Everything was perfect, the guest room, the hot pools, the gorgeous view, the staff so friendly .... I highly recommend ... I only missed some handmade healthy bread, bun in the bread basket from the breakfast ....

Room Tip: All the guest rooms, the simple ones are outstanding !!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We decided to spend more than usual on a hotel in Victoria over the Labour Day weekend as a special end of summer treat. I have no regrets as this was a very nice hotel. We had a marina view room with a kitchenette and an electric fireplace. The valet parking was included as was the wi-fi. I love when I don't have to pay extra for everything.
The rooms are very nice. They have quality furnishings and everything is in excellent condition. There are lots of appealing common areas in the hotel where one can sit and read the paper or have a coffee. The pool area was beautiful and the water was heated to a comfortable temperature. There was drink service available at the tables on the pool deck.
We ate at Kate's cafe three times; breakfast twice and a lunch. I enjoyed the breakfast. They had lots of baked goods, fruit salad, hot oatmeal, quiche of the day and of course good lattes. For lunch there is a choice of sandwiches, a couple of salads and a soup. I had the greens salad which was pretty boring for $8 (just lettuce and a couple of carrot pieces). My husband's quinoa salad was a bit better.
We had dinner in the Snug Pub one evening even though I had read some not so stellar reviews. We hadn't made reservations anywhere and didn't feel like waiting in line in downtown Victoria. The bartender Terry was quite friendly and there was a great view of the ocean. We shared a pizza and a cobb salad and they were really tasty. The service was attentive up at the bar. Based on my experience I would recommend eating here.
The concierge arranged for us to join an evening kayak tour of Oak Bay. The tour leaves from the dock at the hotel. The tour was well organized and we enjoyed paddling around the area watching the seals playing and the families eating their picnic dinners on the beautiful sandy beach.
It would be difficult to stay anywhere but here on my next trip to Victoria.