“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bard & Banker

Bard & Banker
Reserve with OpenTable
Bard & Banker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,181 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fort St
Description: Once a bank in the 1800's, this building is now one of the most beautiful pubs in the heart of Victoria, BC. Families are welcome until 9pm. Happy hour daily from 3-6pm and live music 7 nights a week. Perfect space for large parties or an intimate evening for two. We invite you to come enjoy our large selection of craft beer, delicious food, and local musicians in this one of a kind historical pub!
Vancouver, Canada
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Bard and Banker is NOT a Scottish Pub. It's just a misnamed Irish pub. Slow service and over priced. Not worth it.

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chesley, Canada
“Potato chip fish is awewome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Last night my wife and I ate at the Bard & Banker. Based on some other reviews we decided on the potato chip fish and chips. The fish was excellent- cooked to perfection with absolutely no greasy taste. The service was great and the atmosphere is definitely very unique and inviting. If we are ever back in Victoria again, this is the first place we will go. Thanks Mike!!

Langford, Canada
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here for dinner when down in Victoria but our meals were just OK, seems that the level for food has dropped just a bit. You are paying more and should get more than just regular pub fare. Drinks list is still great but again, you are paying downtown prices and get get a better bang for your buck without going to far. Still the inside is comfortable and staff is good, but maybe we will wait awhile before trying the Bard again.

Courtenay, Canada
“Do you get what you pay for?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been to this place many times for drinks and dinner with friends - it's my go to venue: central location, we are well accomodated, staff are great, food and drink are fine, but the recurring complaint for this choice of venue is the price (I organize the event so I get the complaint).

And it's true, this place is a higher tab at the end of the evening than other places. The question is, is it worth it? For me, it is, but I've had enough people decline the invitation saying the cost is too much that I've had to make another choice.

I like it, I'm willing to pay for it - it's an individual threshold.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Siralec57
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Disapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had a nice meal but I asked for mayonnaise and then found that I had been charged for it, the people I was with didn't have to pay for their tomato sauce!

1 Thank georgiahurlock