“What a pleasing find!”
Review of Lot 1 Pasta Bar

Lot 1 Pasta Bar
Ranked #153 of 1,289 Restaurants in Victoria
Reviewed June 19, 2018

After 4 weeks with no kitchen while it is undergoing flooding repairs, we were ready for something new so I searched on TripAdvisor of restaurants in my area that are open for dinners on Mondays...and up came Lot 1 Pasta Bar...didn't even know it was there! Arrived at 5:00pm to this very stylish "hole in the wall" with only 2 other tables occupied, so we got rock star service and she even offered to turn down the music! We were very pleased they had small ($8.00) and larger salad servings ($10.00) and the same for the pasta ($14.00 and $18.00). The young lady said customers often shared the larger pasta and that sounds like a good idea! I had the fig and blue cheese salad and the prawn carbonara, hubby had the monthly special of smoked cheese and pecan salad and the pesto butternut squash pasta...all small sizes but still yummy and had lots to take home! The bread sticks are to die for and I can heartily recommend Lot 1 Pasta Bar to others.

1  Thank Willow209

Reviewed June 12, 2018

I usually avoid pasta (carbs aren't my friend) so I might not have tried Lot 1, had friends not insisted. I had one of the best salads of my life (their selection is vast and the servings enormous) while my husband enjoyed a chestnut ravioli in gorgonzola sauce. But the best plate at the table by far was the delightfully spicy Moroccan chicken on a curly pasta (whose name escapes). I can't wait to go back and get a dish of this myself and I'll even take my aunt, who's HIGHLY gluten intolerant, as they offer almost every single item on their menu as gluten-free as well! I even asked the server if what I read on the menu was correct, and it was! By the way, service couldn't have been cheerier or more accommodating. All in all, a perfect evening. There are TVs over the bar but you can sit in a slightly quieter side area as an alternative. It's ALL good. Come hungry. AND they're great about share plates!

Reviewed June 12, 2018

We stopped by for a family meal, great service, good product knowledge. Unless you plan to take the leftovers home order the small pasta. Don't let the strip mall look from the outside fool you this is a very pleasant and well appointed restaurant. A very nice selection of wines, cocktails and beers. Too full for dessert maybe next time.A very pleasant surprise all around.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

We visit Lot 1 very regularly, and have since they opened. We love the bread sticks and every dish on the menu is fantastic.

I do find that Lot 1 can be a little inconsistent. While I love them, the serving sizes seem to be ever changing. There used to be 4 large bread sticks, and now there are 4.5/5 small breadsticks. While still delicious, I miss having the 4 larger ones (easier to split between 2 people.) We also get the braised beef pasta dish, but find sometimes there isn't any goat cheese on it. Now we always ask for extra cheese, but the first couple times it was a little disappointing.

A few nights ago we both ordered small dishes, and my partner got seemed to be a large serving while I got what looked like 3/4 of a small serving. As I said, we go there weekly (sometimes more) so I know what the sizes are like normally. It was a little odd, but the food was delicious and my partner ended up sharing his extra pasta with me.

I wanted to make this review to let everyone know the food is SO GOOD here, and you can't beat the prices. The staff is so friendly, and everyone is always happy to accommodate or correct mistakes.

I really hope the consistency issues are just training new staff or growing pains. We'll absolutely be back, either way!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

fresh paaaaasta youve got to be freaken kidding me, SO good, SO great, I WANT MORE duh DUH duh DUHHHHH, YUM. and a expansive wine selection at that.