“Awesome company - great experience!”

SpringTide Whale Watching & Charters
Book In Advance
More Info
$89.87*
and up
Marine Wildlife Tour by Zodiac
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHALE WATCH with SpringTide on the 84 passenger, 61-foot Marauder. Experience the joy, excitement and wonderful memories of our mammals, whales, porpoise, seals and marine birds! Enjoy complimentary beverages while listening to professional biologists provide informative narrations. Or, join an exhilarating excursion onboard one of our high-speed, open Zodiacs.SPORTFISH year round for Salmon & Halibut on SpringTide’s 42’ Sporfisher.
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We went on a tour with this company, and it was the best experience of my life!!! We saw lots of orcas and it was so exciting to see them. I was impressed with the biologists on the boat - they were so knowledgeable about the orcas and other animals. During part of the trip, we were asked if we wanted to come into the cabin to listen to a talk - this was fabulous! Jim talked all about the whales, seals birds...everything we saw on the trip and then some...great props and I found it easy to hear - boat was quiet and he had microphone. I would really recommend this company to anyone - very respectful of the wildlife - great people super comfortable boat (I thought I might get seasick and chose their bigger boat - no problem ). Don't miss it if you are going to Victoria

1  Thank doughoppertravels

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I was so pleased with how many whales we saw. The staff new exactly where to go to spot the Orcas, and were also very informative about the different kinds of Orcas and all the pods that live in these waters. There was also a talk given by the naturalist on board, with video and audio clips.

Make sure you bring your camera. I forgot a jacket and was glad when they supplied me with one. So make sure you dress warm, but don't worry if you don't have a warmer layer because they had plenty to go around. Also Tea, Coffee and Hot Chocolate is provided though out the whole trip.

Holly

3  Thank hj_harris
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I went for a whale watching trip with Spring Tide recently, and it was simply the best whale watching experience I have ever had. We started out from Victoria on the boat, it was a beautiful day. Once the boat had gone a long way, I got a bit chilly, and before I had even thought to ask, the guide offered me one of the jackets they carry aboard. There were hot beverages on the boat as well. When we neared a pod of whales, it seemed that we were in the perfect place and the best of times. This must have taken some serious planning by the experienced and knowledgeable staff at Spring Tide. We saw a female Orca with her baby, and a male, probably the father trailing after them. There was plenty of time to take in the surroundings before we headed back to Victoria. The guide explained many facts about whales,and other animals in the local sea throughout our tour. I was very impressed by the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Spring Tide, and recommend them to anyone looking for an extraordinary whale watching experience!
-Vicki Syrovy

4  Thank Miss-Victoria86
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I looked into many different whale watching tour providers, and am very happy with my decision to go with Springtide. They offer some things that other companies don't, such as a talk about some of the wildlife that we saw, and about some that we didn't that I found very informative and interesting. They also did a Victoria inner harbor talk about the history of the land and the buildings around the inner harbor which was a very nice bonus.

The trip itself was even better than I expected. There were so many orcas! They looked absolutely fantastic when they would breach the surface. We also saw a grey whale and numerous seals and sea lions. Not a dull moment!

All-in-all, I couldn't have picked a better thing to do here while on vacation. One of the best things I've done all year, to say the least.

4  Thank armadillo_71
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This was our first adventure aboard the company's larger vessel, and they had Jim, a biologist onboard, who was very pleasant and knowledgable and made the trip most interesting for us.
We saw a smaller group of orcas feeding and great care was taken by the captain to keep a good distance so as not to disturb the whales.
We were impressed as well with the care and comfort provided for the passengers and there was complimentary hot beverages on board.
The excellent service provided made our excusion a very enjoyable and wonderful adventure.

4  Thank calm-clam