“Best day of my life!!”

and up
Victoria Whale Watch Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WHALE WATCH with SpringTide on the 84 passenger, 61-foot Marauder. Experience the joy, excitement and wonderful memories of our mammals, whales, porpoise, seals and marine birds! Enjoy complimentary beverages while listening to professional biologists provide informative narrations. Or, join an exhilarating excursion onboard one of our high-speed, open Zodiacs.SPORTFISH year round for Salmon & Halibut on SpringTide’s 42’ Sporfisher.
Toronto
“Best day of my life!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I had heard great things about Springtide from locals and I decided to go with my friend on a zodiak excursion. I was greeted in the office immediately upon arrival with friendly and extremely knowledgeable staff. This definitely got us excited about our upcoming experience with Springtide!

The office staff walked us down to the zodiak where we were greeted by a funny driver. He got us in our life-saving survival suits which was hilarious!!

Once we were on the boat, it was an experience unlike ANY I have had before. The water was so calm and yet the driver found waves to make it like a rollercoaster ride! It was awesome!

We immediately saw wildlife! About 100 sealions..and SO many harbour seals! One sealion actually came up to the boat!

We then made our way over to the humpback whales. There was a family of 3 and they put on quite a show for us for over an hour! They were slapping their fins and we got so many amazing photos. Then we spotted the killer whales!! It was such a great show!

I would definitely recommend this company for your upcoming visit as they have extremely friendly staff and reasonably priced! It was a bit of a colder day, so when we walked back to the office the staff had hot chocolate waiting for us! It was delicious!!

3 Thank Loralee23

Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a great trip!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I never do this sort of thing but I had such a good time that I had to tell someone. We did a trip mid August and had a great time. Dave the captain of our zodiac was entertaining really new his stuff. We spent lots of time with the Orca's and did some super wildlife viewing. All I can say is go do this, you will not regret it !!!!

3 Thank rhys90
Vancouver
“Wow....whales!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I recently had some friends in from out of town who wanted to go out and do a whale watching trip. We went over to Victoria for the day and went with a company called Springtide whale tours. It was awesome!! The boat was big and comfy even though there were quite a few people on board with us. We saw a lot of whales and other marine life and were always informed about what we were seeing and learned a ton from the crew on board...they answered all our questions and were super friendly and knew what they were talking about. We had a blast!! I can't wait to have some more friends come to visit so I can take them out too.

3 Thank travlbug91
victoria
“The perfect ways to take in the best of BC's aquatic wild life and scenery!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

If you have the opportunity to go whale watching with springtide DO NOT PASS IT UP!!!! I was just out and we saw a pod of orcas, a humpback whale, some harbor seals and 2 different kinds of porpoises! It was amazing. The guides were really informative and answered all my questions. I was a little concerned before going out that with all the boats and noise that we would be disrupting the whales. Once on the water the guides explained that the boats turn off their engines (it was so quit we could hear the whale breath) and have to stay a certain distance from the whales. We were still able to see the whale up close enough for some great pictures but far enough away that we were not disrupting them! All and all this was a perfect ways to take in the best of BC's aquatic wild life and scenery!

Canada
“The entire experience was absolutely majestic.”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

From the start of the tour all the way to the end the tour was incredible. From the excellent vessels to the extremely knowledgeable boat staff the whole experience was top notch.