“Hate getting ripped off!”

De Dutch Pannekoek House
Ranked #492 of 1,193 Restaurants in Victoria
Edmonton,Alberta
“Hate getting ripped off!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Should have listened to the reviews! Pleasant looking restaurant. My large Pannekoek was a bit under done. The prices are quite high. Then to top it all off, I was charged an extra $2.75 for Dutch stroop (syrup). I was not told that this was extra! Were we not in a Dutch restaurant serving Dutch style Pannekoeken? If I would have known, I would have taken the bottle with me as I must have paid for the bottle. Furious at this under handed way to gouge a customer. Will never return and will make sure my friends in Victoria know.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Mindy53

“Surprised that this place doesnt get more positive comments”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the best de dutch out of the four that I have been to. The service here is great - they all remember who you are once you've come in only once. The hot chocolate is always HOT and the food is always FRESHLY made - which is why you MAY have to wait a little longer to get your food than at other de dutch restaurants.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Underground2000
Victoria, Canada
“Good for family brunch”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have been here a few times for family brunch. The service is always good and the restaurant is kid friendly.

This time we took grandparents and another family with kids. The kids menu is an activity sheet and is provided with crayons which keeps them entertained. Our daughter had the kids pancakes which she loves. My husband & I had the traditional Dutch pancake with Apple, cheese and Stroop and a vegi hash, which were not bad. The fresh OJ was good but the coffee was bland, nothing special.

My parents had the french toast (which was a large portion but very average in taste) and the eggs benedict with bagel which was a bit of a disappointment as the bagel was stale. Luckily the eggs came hot.

With this restaurant, the clue is in the Restaurant name - DUTCH PANCAKE. If you stick to the house specialities and you'll be fine - they are a great family style restaurant, but don't expect more than that.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasteless...”
Reviewed March 13, 2012 via mobile

I had breakfast Thérèse sunday morning alter un d'un down McKenzie.
The eggs were tasteless and the whole wheat toasts tasted like paper.
10 dollars seems a bit too much for such terrible food.
Nice waitress though.

1 Thank NathaliaO
Victoria
“Damned expensive pancakes!”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This is highly over rated and over priced for a pancake joint. Dutch IHOP.