“Good food, but not inexpensive”
Review of Zefferelli's

Zefferelli's
Ranked #26 of 3,897 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Last night we dined here with friends. On Robson Street, it is located up a rather steep flight of stairs. Although there may be an elevator, we did not see one. We were pleased to get a table, as we did not have a reservation. The waitress was very professional and knowlegeable. We were struck by the rather high prices ($10 for cream of mushroom soup?!). The penne al pomodoro was very good. The spaghetti con vongole was was good but perhaps a bit too salty. The wine we tasted was wonderful.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had about a 10 min wait to be seated, once we were seated where promptly served. A three course meal took less than an hour.

I had a mixed green salad, the lettuce was a little wilted.

I highly recommend the linguine vongole. I was with a friend and he enjoyed his chicken parmesan and caesar salad (I am still puzzled why Italian restaurants insist on selling a Mexican dish).

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wanted to go here because my boyfriend is Italian and loves pasta. We were impressed by the pasta, it was delicious. Great portion sizes and I couldn't believe the bill, very inexpensive for a decent Vancouver meal.
The waitress was all around lovely, helped with our dinner choices and wine choice, which was excellent. We were a little late for our reservation and were greatly surprised that they did have a table for two by the window still for us as soon as we walked in, even though it was crowded! The only downside was that it was very loud, just due to a small location. My boyfriend is soft spoken so I had to yell a few times but we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and wine. Would go back for sure.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a great place. Great everything. Great food, Great Service. Great Atmosphere. The place is upstairs so it is easy to miss. Look for it and you will get a great meal.

1  Thank B D
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Zefferellis is easy to miss because it is just a door on the street level and located on the second floor above the Cactus Club on Robson. The room is perfect, hard wood floors and classic decor, not exactly like being in Italy but close enough. It's a small place but perfect ambiance. The windows all open to the treetops glittering with little white lights. The music is at the perfect volume so you can hear your companion when they comment on how delicious their food is. The servers are obviously well prepared and knowledgeable on the menu. The Antipasto Misto appetizer is what I would bring to a party if I could. If you were to try and make it yourself you would spend a hundred dollars on ingredients. There is a little bit of everything. Admittedly I have a nicely developed palate and an open mind when it comes to food. There is squid, eggplant, and mussels, sundried tomatoes, several varieties of olives, grilled beans and more, everything is rustic and flavourful and perfectly prepared. I would eat this plate everyday if I could. This is the kind of place you could take your parents, a date, or a client and know they will respect your choice. There is something for everyone on the menu. The sign says they are a "spaghetti joint" but that sells it short as they are so good at everything. We had the specials, Chicken Ravioli and Beef Tenderlon with Asparagus risotto. The food is so perfectly prepared and the ingredients are so fresh and the prices are just right - you would be hard pressed to make anything as good as this yourself. I love this place, it's my new favourite. I will recommend it to everyone. The only thing better is a home-cooked meal by a foodie with some real talent, but then you wouldn't get to experience the incredibly good service.