“Best korean food ever”

SURA Korean Cuisine
Ranked #63 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Description: Sura Korean Royal Cuisine Restaurant Vancouver Located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, find the award-winning Korean restaurant, SURA. Glimpse into the true culinary art of Korean Royal Cuisine, SURA has been delivering excellent Korean dining experience to connoisseurs of great food in Vancouver since 2008. While appreciating the interior that weaves a modern aesthetic through Korean traditional atmosphere, you can expect the fineness of sophisticated authentic yet contemporary Korean cuisine by our master chef Sang-jo Han. SURA is moving into its sixth year with a flourish: the restaurant has received its third Vancouver Restaurant Awards from Vancouver Magazine and reviews continue to extol its delights. Our commitment to authentic Korean Royal Cuisine makes SURA the ideal dining destination for Vancouverites and visitors alike and our attentive staff will ensure that your event is memorable. You will enjoy what the best korean restaurant in Vancouver has to offer.
“Best korean food ever”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This is the review after i tried nearly 20 restaurants in vancouver.
Really tasty korean food and the kimchi rice is my facourate.
I do recommend all travellors to try!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Burnaby, Canada
“Lunch was an experience”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch and was not sure what to expect. Pleasantly surprised with what we had. We ordered the $15 set lunch and everything was delicious. The assortment of goodies came out a la carte to share. Sweet, sour, spicy it was an explosion of flavours in my mouth. What a great little place to try out.

Visited March 2014
Vancouver
“Very enjoyable restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Vancouver has a few decent sized "Korea Towns" including the downtown area at the bottom of Robson and Denman streets. Sura is one of my favorite Korean places in that area. It is a bit expensive (Korean restaurants are a bit more pricey than others) but this place is worth it. Great atmosphere also if you like places that are a little refined. I would definitely rate this place as excellent value and always enjoy going here. Always full of Koreans too ;)

• Visited March 2014
Thank peter.craig
Seattle, Washington
“Visited twice in our 5 day visit!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I am half Korean so I have tried a lot of Korean bbq, and this was incredible. This place has such a fun atmosphere. Cooking your own bbq can be fun, but when you're hungry and don't wanna smell like bbq... This was a great alternative. The only down side is... No reservations, so in early march when it's cold at night there's all these people standing at the front of the restaurant. The food is worth any wait.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
“First Time trying Korean Food!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I went to Sura with a couple co-workers, one of whom is Korean and wanted to share a traditional meal with us. We tried to get a last minute reservation last Friday but were told we could not as it was full. So we drove there and ended up just walking in and getting a table.....it WAS packed and there was line up outside for most of the time we were inside! We ordered the Set Course lunch which is $20 per person (minimum 2 ppl) and consists of about 18 separate dishes. WOW, what a feast! I don't even know what some of the dishes were but we had soups, salads, a couple pork dishes, beef (bulgogi), squid, fish (whole, fried), potato pancake, rice and a bunch of side dishes. I am a pretty adventurous eater and tried everything and it was all delicious. I told my husband I want to bring him to Sura because he would appreciate the food. However, I do know some friends who would not have done so well with this meal. Their loss.

• Visited February 2014