“Fantastic food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Having arrived off a flight from the UK and after settling into our hotel (the Loden - amazing!), we headed for Robson Street and found Don Guacamole's which had been recommended by friend's who had visited Vancouver earlier in the year - it was a perfect Sunday afternoon hang out and we were served with amazing food - best burritos ever and a wicked hot salsa sauce. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The husband and I went early on a Saturday evening. Our server was Valery, who was very pleasant. The fresh sauces and tortilla chips they bring to munch on whilst waiting for your food were delicious. The husband had the chicken enchiladas and I had the chorizo mulitas. Both were excellent! Everything was fresh and well made. The servings were too large to finish so we were happy to take the leftovers with us and have some amazing snacks for later. Our total bill was $26 (we didn't have any drinks).

If you're looking for a fancy restaurant though, this isn't the place for you. The decor and washrooms could really use updating/renos. However if you are looking for great Mexican food in a casual setting then you should give it a try.

The food is awesome and the service was good so I'll definitely return to Don Guacamole's!

Reviewed August 12, 2011

It's been a while since we had last visited this place and was disappointed to find that the both the service and food has gone downhill in a big way. Should have clued in when we arrived for lunch on a weekday only to find an almost deserted dinning room (there were 4 other tables occupied inside and out on a beautiful sunny day). Waited 5 minutes before anyone even thought to greet us and tell us to pick any table. Another 10 minutes before the menus appeared and another 10 minutes before our drinks arrived. Food was nor as fresh and vibrant from our last experience when it first opened. We order tacos and a bunch of appetizers. Wished we had read the TripAdvisor revews and given this joint a pass. Not impressed and will definitely not be back.

1  Thank Mattiasdad
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Read some reviews on another site and they said service was bad but food was not bad. Wrong!! We ordered tacos al pastor and tacos carne asada to start. Little dry but ok. Better at La Taquiera on West Hastings. My son ordered Nachos Norteno. Not enough chips for the topping. My husband & I ordered Steak Tampiquena. It should be served with tortillas. We asked 3 times for them. Food was cold by the time they arrived, they told us that they only had one grill and we had to wait. When I ordered by Pacifico beer and lime I had to ask 3 times for the lime. We ended up being totally irritated by the bad service. Had to ask another server for cutlery since our server was hard to track down. It was 1:30 and only a few tables so not sure why they could not handle the tables. The Tampiquena steak tasted like soy sauce & was too tough and chewy. Normally in Mexico they use Maggi not soy sauce. Ended up tasting Asian not Mexican. My husband who is Mexican made me promise we would never go there again. We need to continue our quest to find an authentic restaurant. We paid $117 for lunch for 3 with 2 beer and 3 refrescos. Too pricey for a bad lunch with bad service.

1  Thank NorthVancouvergirl
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I admit it we never ate Mexican before and it seemed exciting and exotic,so we stopped by.
The food seemed ok but after we were both quite ill from it,we had ate the burritos and some Mexican crisps and sauce.
Cant say we would ever venture in there again.