“Great Find in Downtown Vancouver!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Twisted Fork Bistro
Ranked #57 of 3,678 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Find in Downtown Vancouver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I have been to the Twisted Fork many times, it is a necessary stop whenever we are in Vancouver. The staff is always very friendly, and the food is amazing. Highlights include the scallops and the entire breakfast menu!! Great spot to have a glass of wine and grab a few plates to share. Very limited seating, so plan your arrival accordingly.

• Korean first
Seattle, WA
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Cute, funky, railroad-car shaped joint. We understand the waits to be epic, but since we also live in a city with epic brunch waits, this didn't scare us away.

The food was quite good, arrived hot (big bonus points for brunch--nothing worse than cold eggs) and the French-press coffee was tasty as well. My wild mushroom scramble was much larger than I needed (usually a bit of peeve, actually, as who takes breakfast food to go?) but I nearly killed the whole thing PLUS a side of perfectly crispy bacon. My husband loved his sausage benny and kept trying to gnaw on my fat toast. Since I was blessed with an embarrassment of breakfast riches, I allowed it. OH! And watermelon marmalade! Odd but delicious!

A little pricey, but not surprisingly so. I found the staff by turns helpful and snotty. Thankfully our waitress was in the helpful camp. Let's hope maybe the counter woman was just having a bad day.

Bucharest, Romania
“Excelent restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

The atmosphere here is great, very friendly and welcoming. The service is good, but not perfect when it's crowded. The food is remarkably good! They offer a good variety of dishes and great desserts! However it's a bit expensive and that's the reason I'm not giving it 5 stars. Dinner without drinks (just starter + main course) is easily more than 50$.

Ontario
“Eclectic little spot that surprises”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had two really nice meals here, dinner and then Friday brunch.

The dinner was great. The interesting combinations seem to fit perfectly. Mostly local products served with high end quality but reasonably priced.

Appetizers are interesting and tasty.

Visited November 2012
Edinburgh
“Friendly staff, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I just had a great dinner at this place. I'm in town on business so was dining alone but this restaurant made me feel welcome and not at all awkward. The staff were very friendly and helpful in guiding me through the size of the small plates etc. I had the caramelized onion and goats cheese tart with a side of fries, followed by apple & raisin crumble. The food was delicious and I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere combined with efficient service.
I will be back next time I'm in Vancouver.

• Visited November 2012