“Good Thai food, excellent service”
Review of Sala Thai

Sala Thai
Ranked #64 of 3,776 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Granville Street
Kirkland, Washington
“Good Thai food, excellent service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We came in for a quick dinner before the movie next door. The menu listed familiar and standard Thai restaurant fare and we picked a combination of vegetarian, noodle, and curry dishes. They were all delicious. Service was very attentive and efficient. Good experience.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Affordable, friendly, and surprisingly tasty in one of Vancouver's most central Thai restaurants.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Strolling past Sala with only half an hour to spare, I normally wouldn't stop. The massively popular restaurant is usually packed for the weekday lunch rush. But on Christmas Eve, it was less so, so I decided to finally give Sala a try. What a gem!

From the moment I entered Sala, the service was friendly and courteous, without being overbearing. I ordered a curry with special sauce lunch meal and it was amongst the best Thai I've ever found in North America. Final tally? Only $12.50. The entire experience fit perfectly within my half an hour block and I left immensely satisfied.

Can't wait to return again the future, this time I would be more than willing to wait for Sala Thai.

“Love thai food!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

First time here, not usually the biggest fan of Thai food but Sala Thai was amazing! I am not usually a big fan of spicy foods but they offered tons of options for everyone!

Visited November 2012
“Average thai restaurant”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went with a group of girls. The food was fine - it was your average Thai food restaurant. I have no complaints, prices were good, and would go again there was just nothing outstanding about it. An average thai restaurant. Must say that the eggplant was good.

Visited December 2012
Whitehorse, Canada
“Don't pass this little gem by”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I frequently travel to Vancouver and walked by this place many times before finally venturing in. I am so glad I did. Now I go there every time I am in Vancouver. I usually travel on business and go alone, and some restaurants give you terrible tables or ignore a single diner. But the staff here are so kind and gracious and treat me like a favourite family member. I drag my husband there too when he travels with me although he is not a fan of thai food in general. The curries are excellent, and last week I tried the Tom Yum soup, it was delicious. They have a lunch special that comes with a salad, and a dinner special that let's you sample several dishes. The prices are very reasonable. i read a few reviews that complained about the poor service, and I am very surprised. I have experienced nothing but wonderful service in the more than 10 times I have been there.

• Visited December 2012