“Biggest pieces of sushi I have ever seen”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Samurai Sushi

Samurai Sushi
Ranked #171 of 3,707 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Davie Village
Sechelt, Canada
“Biggest pieces of sushi I have ever seen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Love samurai. If you want fast fresh and inexpensive this is your place. Their rolls are gi-normous and tasty. Two people can share a combo c for 13$. An 8 piece California roll, two huge pieces of salmon and a miso soup is under $10. And the portion is more than generous. The favors are pretty basic but the menu is large. I live their yam tempura. They now even have brown rice.
It's always really busy so the food is über fresh. It stays open to midnight also which rocks.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, TX
“Amazing quality and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Basically my wife and I looked at what was about the most expensive item on the menu, a $15 combo plate, and decided since we were hungry sure. Miso, three pieces of sashimi, three of sushi, tempura prawns, zuchini, and sweet potato and beef or chicken teriyaki. Then we got the food. the sashimi pieces were the size of twinkees and the sushi were the same size on rice and were amazing. The tempura was great as was the teriyaki. One of the best bangs for the buck that I have ever had and the best sushi that I had had since I left Toronto. We even went back for lunch the next day and had an amazing amount of sushi for only $8 each. Also there is parking nearby on the street even at night.

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

My school days are far behind me, but that doesn't mean one still can't eat on the cheap! A buddy and I dropped by late one afternoon to grab a late lunch. The sushi comes with a fair bit of rice to fill you up a bit more;) and the tuna was a bit stringy but I wasn't expecting Tojo's more like a Sushi Garden affair. Its quantity over quality but decent food for a cheap price, as long as you know that going in you should be fine. Only a couple of small tables and the counter so space is limited, obviously the kid's know about this place as it was pretty steady.

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Very good deal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Samurai sushi is the same quality of food than many other very good sushi places Downtown with bigger portions. I am always stuffed when I get out of there! I have been for both lunch and dinner and was satisfied every time. A special box at samurai can almost feed two people! If you have a huge appetite and love sushi, I definitely recommend this place! They might not be the best sushi in town but they are still very good considering what you pay for it. The service is not always super friendly but compared to a lot of other sushi restaurants in Vancouver, they are far from being the worst!

• Visited January 2013
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“popular japanese restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've heard about this restaurant a lot very popular restaurant in downtown.
but after I visited there, I disappointed little bit. Food was not bad but the service wasn't satisfactory. The staffs didn't care about customer I think,, maybe because it's little bit busy that day. anyway It's not that good than I expected. just ok..

Visited January 2013