“Will return”

Neighborhood: Gastown
Coquitlam, Canada
“Will return”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great Food! from the appies to the entrees to all the desserts, the food was very memorable and satisfied the palate! I loved the octopus salad, duck confit and the sour cherry bread pudding (and I don't even like bread pudding). service staff were very friendly and came and casually talk to us throughout the evening. When you walk in, you feel like you are in Europe. centrally located just off the main gastown drag. Definitely will return!

• Visited October 2012

Vancouver
“Lovely Space”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are feeling mature and want to enjoy some subtle flavours in a subdued atmosphere this is a great place. There are times when I do not need to be cool, chic, trendy, hipster. If I want to throw on my sweater vest, wear my button down shirt, maybe even a skinny tie, and enjoy old world charm then I make a reservation at Jules. Yesterday I met some friends there and we had a great time. The food was good, but the conversation was better. Sometimes that is all you want from a place. Merci.

• Visited March 2013
“A little bit of Paris in Vancouver”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went here for a ladies night birthday celebration last night and it was fabulous! The decor is romantic and elegant as a Parisian bistro would be. The special of the evening was beef bourgingnon which two people in our party ordered and could not find words to describe how amazing it was (they also had the french onion soup and said it was the best they'd ever had). I ordered the duck leg which was served over a salad with pine nuts, bacon and fingerling potatoes. I don't know what the dressing was but it was delicious. I also highly recommend the Alsatian Tart or the red pepper carpaccio salad for a starter. We were served a beautiful baguette with our water and when the wine we ordered was not available, the waiter suggested another option that was not only an excellent choice but also $20 cheaper which we really appreciated. We felt very well taken care of by our waiter but not bothered by him. We will definitely be returning to Jules. Hopefully our next birthday celebration!

• Visited February 2013
Warsaw, Poland
“Fancy meal in the heart of Vancouver's Gastown”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pleasant ambience, smiling and friendly staff with quality food. Would recommend this place to treat your friend or significant other for a special meal weather it'd be lunch or dinner.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Jules is one of the keep secrets”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have lived in this neighborhood for over 16 years and Jules is my absolute favorite places to dine alone, with special friends or my love. It combines with excellent traditional French cooking, classy decor, wonderful wine selection, great service and the details such as mosaic tiles, chandeliers, exquisite tea cups, and postcards, fresh & different kinds of flowers for each table from the managers' garden in the summer... pleasant surprise of guests who play the piano for joy after meal... all contribute to a fabulous dinning experience.

• Visited October 2012