“Confirming Julio 313 testimony!”

Jules Casual French Bistro
Ranked #156 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gastown
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nice atmosphere in Gastown, great service, good food.
Don't miss chocholate desserts!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Salade Nicoise, Croque-Madame and Feuillete de Crevettes et Avocat all very good.

Friendly genuine service from happy staff make this a great lunch time sit down.

Interesting reading the comments about the "Diva" who runs the restaurant. she was very friendly with us and other tables around.

Will be back here for sure.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were wandering around looking for a place for dinner and stumbled upon Jules.

Very attentive service, fabulous bread and lovely food. Loved the tealight candles in the wine glasses onb the table.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Avoid going to Jul's bistro. The DIVA who runs the restaurant is full of attitude and complex. It seems that he has a mission to ruin your night/day. I eat a lot in restaurants ( 5 days out of 7 )and I have never ever seen such a rude person in charge of a restaurant. Do yourself a favor if you are reading this review: if you tend to not pay attention to the reviews, please pay attention to this one and DO NOT GO TO JULES BISTRO!!! I promise You won't regret.

7  Thank GouGoulou
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I never thought about writing a bad review about a restaurant as I am usually a cool person, but this time what the manager, Michael, did was not acceptable and forgettable! We made a reservation at 6 but we got there at 6:30 since my friend was stocked with her customer. There were lots of tables available when we got there! But the manager gave us a dirty look for being late even though the restaurant was not busy. After we ordered our wine and dinner, we asked if could move to a table close to the window and the manager said "no, because we had to be punished for being late" I could not believe what I heard and I thought he was joking! but he was serious!, so I asked our waiter again and he seemed to be afraid of him too and he suggested not to do it if the manager said no! he was trying to avoid any eye contact with us after wectold him what happened. we decided to cancel our order and leave. we paid for our appetizer and drink and we told him that we are not happy with how he treated us... Of course again no sorry or anything from him!! I told him you ruined my birthday and it is not acceptable! He was just basically said "whatever"!! I would never go back there. His attitude was so rude and disrespectful and I am really sorry that I went to this place for my birthday. !! I have been to so many resturants in Vancouver but never had a bad experience like this!!

7  Thank Kathy N