“Really nice food, great service”

Jules Casual French Bistro
Ranked #152 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Gastown
Penrith, Australia
“Really nice food, great service”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were wandering around looking for a place for dinner and stumbled upon Jules.

Very attentive service, fabulous bread and lovely food. Loved the tealight candles in the wine glasses onb the table.

Visited June 2012

“RUDE!!!RUDE!!!RUDE!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Avoid going to Jul's bistro. The DIVA who runs the restaurant is full of attitude and complex. It seems that he has a mission to ruin your night/day. I eat a lot in restaurants ( 5 days out of 7 )and I have never ever seen such a rude person in charge of a restaurant. Do yourself a favor if you are reading this review: if you tend to not pay attention to the reviews, please pay attention to this one and DO NOT GO TO JULES BISTRO!!! I promise You won't regret.

6 Thank GouGoulou
Vancouver, Canada
“The manager ruined my birthday!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I never thought about writing a bad review about a restaurant as I am usually a cool person, but this time what the manager, Michael, did was not acceptable and forgettable! We made a reservation at 6 but we got there at 6:30 since my friend was stocked with her customer. There were lots of tables available when we got there! But the manager gave us a dirty look for being late even though the restaurant was not busy. After we ordered our wine and dinner, we asked if could move to a table close to the window and the manager said "no, because we had to be punished for being late" I could not believe what I heard and I thought he was joking! but he was serious!, so I asked our waiter again and he seemed to be afraid of him too and he suggested not to do it if the manager said no! he was trying to avoid any eye contact with us after wectold him what happened. we decided to cancel our order and leave. we paid for our appetizer and drink and we told him that we are not happy with how he treated us... Of course again no sorry or anything from him!! I told him you ruined my birthday and it is not acceptable! He was just basically said "whatever"!! I would never go back there. His attitude was so rude and disrespectful and I am really sorry that I went to this place for my birthday. !! I have been to so many resturants in Vancouver but never had a bad experience like this!!

7 Thank Kathy N
Toronto, Canada
“Very rude service and unacceptable behavior”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Two ladies wanted to celebrate a birthday and made a reservation for 6:30pm. They arrived 6:35pm that made the waiter's cranky saying ''You are late !'' and adopting a very negative behavior towards them.
The blond tall waiter, the owner Emmanuel and most importantly Michael the manager had a totally unacceptable and disgusting behavior towards 2 ladies treating them as if they wanted to punish them from being just a couple of minutes late ! The waiter ignored them for most of the time of their meal.

If you don't want your restaurant experience and night to be ruined, NEVER go to this place !

5 Thank Igal A
Vancouver, Canada
“My favourite in the city”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I love coming here. I always feel relaxed and happy. The steak frites is amazing, as well as the pate. Actually, I have loved every dish I have ordered here! I choose Jules for all sorts of evenings. Relaxed evening with friends to a family dinner with out of town relatives. There is a definite cozy feeling here so couples will benefit from the dimmed lighting and close quarters. I recommend Jules to everyone, except maybe families with loud children.

• Visited January 2012