“This Saravanaa Bhavan has Closed this Location”

Sargam House Restaurant
Ranked #1,516 of 3,811 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Saskatoon, Canada
“This Saravanaa Bhavan has Closed this Location”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Unfortunately, the Saravanaa Bhavan has moved out of Vancouver now and the restaurant while still South Indian and vegetarian is not the same. Ownership has changed. Still have the same dosa chef but the main chef has left. Food does taste not the same but it is still good and I would recommend it. New restaurant is called Sargam House. It seems that you have to go to Toronto now if you want to eat at Saravana now. :( New owners seem kind.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Sophejean

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Vegetarian Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am a person that looks meat, so when I was taken here knowing that there was no meat on the menu, I was a little skeptical. However the vast array of choices, textures and spices in the meal was what got me to go back again and again. Their selection of dosas, uttapams and other breads is exceptional, and I've never left feeling as if I was missing anything. We generally order a thali plus some other mixed plate, and it is always enough. Delicious very time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank sperifera
Moncton, Canada
“Spicy, cheap and delicious !”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

This Began restaurant is a place I discovered with a friend when we wanted to eat cheap food.

I really like their Wednesday special because you get a mix of North Indian food. It is huge and for only $6.99 it really worth it.

Monday special is a spinach and cheese dosa. It is really really good because it is not really spicy and it cost $5.

If you plan to bring your girlfriend there, it may not be the best place because the restaurant looks like a cantine.

2 Thank takayukibru
Saskatoon, Canada
“So Happy to Have Found YOU!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I've been travelling in BC for more than 1.5 months. Just happened to be going through this area to Service Canada then spotted a South Indian Vegetarian restaurant. Immediately, I became excited and told my partner about it when I returned to the hostel. We went there for dinner. He recognized this chain as being a very popular restaurant chain in India as he is East Indian. They are known for their low prices as well as high quality food. We went a few days in a row. Really enjoyed the buffet. It includes a small masala dosa and dessert. One of the very best buffet's I've ever had. The head chef came and greeted us at our table. Service was excellent too!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Sophejean
BANGALORE
“Poor Management, Terrible hygiene standard”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went with high expectations of great south Indian food and ambience. We were very impressed on entering the place - we were shown the underground parking area and were asked to come up. On entering we found no one coming forward to seat us. Eventually we found a table on our own. We ordered our food after waiting for over 20 minutes. While waiting we went to the restroom and found the toilet was an absolute mess and the floor was terrible. Walking back to the table we saw there was spilt chutney and sambhar on the floor - drying!! The food for 4 of us was brought at different times with no attempt to explain the delays. The food itself was of acceptable taste - but not to the Saravana Bhavan standard one has come to know in other places. We went away with a very poor impression of the way the place is run by this management - possibly the franchisee has no guidance. Overall a very forgettable experience.

• Visited September 2012