“New Name - Charlie's Little Italian”
Review of Habit - CLOSED

Habit
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: South Main
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Same cool decor as Habit but we enjoyed a great Italian meal for dinner. We split a salad and an entree. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious. Definitely a great find on Main in the Mt Pleasant neighborhood. There are several restaurants to choose from on Main but make sure that Charlie's is at the top of you list.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This place was very busy but they still had room for us:) Friendly and quick servers great food and chill beats. Not a huge bill at the end would highly recommend!

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Went last week with my husband. The servers were awesome and service impeccable. My husband had the burger which was good. I had the stake which was OK. I wanted it medium and it came out rare. That's why I'm giving them three and a half stars.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

As usual, we woke up hungry. Originally we thought about venturing to the mystical wilds of Nanaimo Street, but soon realized that today was to be a lazy day. That being said, we soon found ourselves scampering down the street to Habit Lounge.

We arrived on the dot of 9, and were seated quickly. We had our choice of tables, as we were the first to arrive. Catie chose a booth, luxuriously upholstered in brown leather-style vinyl and lit by a swirly lightshade-thing. Having successfully arrived in the '70s, we ordered our customary OJ and coffee, and sat back to peruse the menu.

Jimi Hendrix and Wilson Pickett were playing, and several tasty items caught our eyes. Should it be the Breakfast Perogies? The Braised Beef and Eggs? Or the Breakfast Martini Bento Box? Hmmm. Surprise surprise, Catie went for the Two Eggs (medium, with strip bacon and multigrain toast, for $9) and I requested the Huevos Rancheros ($11.) We are such creatures of habit. They say that they use free-range happy eggs, meat, and seafood, all of which we were pleased to see.

The food came, and we were both initially pleased. However, our happy faces turned sad as we saw our underdone eggs. Not all was lost, however, as Catie asked for some fresh strawberry jam for her toast (so crisp!) and tucked into her hash browns with enthusiasm. Crispy all over, and lightly salted. I particularly enjoyed my black beans, yummy salsa and newly-made guacamole.

Just as we were about to leave, however, Catie spied some raspberry crème caramels, just sitting near the bar. We asked "?," to which the waitress said "..." and checked with the kitchen, who replied "!" We agreed! Definitely the right way to end out our meal. I can't find them on the menu - perhaps they were a daily special - but you should ask if you go.

This could be a perfect brunch, if only the medium eggs were medium, and not gloopy. Raspberry crème caramel, though... stroke of genius.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went here on recommendation for the first time and loved it!

It was really interesting for us because we had hoped for a special (birthday) night out (ie, cosy table/white tablecloths), so when when we saw the decor and the menu, we thought "uh-oh, this is a retro burger joint". Turned out not at all so, with the food being both delightful and original. I enjoyed a creamily-dressed casesr salad and a flank steak/bok choy entree.

Our servers were very personable and good. In fact, were more comfortable and secluded in our circular cushy booth table than at many a finer restaurant -- hardly noticing the continually packed/turned-over restaurant for the whole evening. Our experience ended up being intimate and special after all.

Must highlight this: I dare you to find better creme brule anywhere in Vancouver...or Paris!

Only recommendation is that, although we never felt neglected, they could have used another server (just two were on for the whole restaruant) because we could really feel their hurried-ness.