“The Best Cinnamon Buns & Babka in Vancouver”
Review of Solly's

Solly's
Ranked #1,609 of 3,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Solly's may not have the best bagels in Vancouver but they have the hands down best Cinnamon Buns & Babka (basically a chocolate version of a cinnamon bun) that I have ever tasted. I'm not a big fan of very bready cinnamon buns and that's where these really shine. The dough has been worked so thin that each layer is only a few milimeters thick which means lots of layers and LOTS of delicious filling!

There are newer reviews for Solly's

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stopped at Solly's as we wandered down The street looking at all the great shops and were thrilled with the meal that we had there. I had the best hot pastrami on rye I've ever had, served with a pickle and crisp chips. I asked for loads of mustard and got exactly what I wanted - I have to say that not only the genuine friendliness but the accurate and accommodating service in Canada is exceptional! We have not been knocked back once when requesting extras/changes and substitutions in our meals - Australia could really learn from Canada!

2  Thank Dromomaniac
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great cinnamon buns and coffee - partner had a sandwich which was very good. Delicetessen style - basically a very good lunch and coffee type place.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A favorite haunt of mine on the weekends, the coffee is good and the ambiance is interesting, full of local people. As a traditionalist I always go for the lox, cream-cheese on a bagel and it is awesome. The location is great too, if you are on an errand filled day. My mouth is watering, must be time for another visit. :)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We like to stop at a Solly's for a great cup of coffee (Ethicial Bean) and a truly delicious cinnamon bun. The buns are the best with lots of cinnamon and that homemade flavour. You can slather it with their cream cheese icing for an added treat. We consider our stop a coffee break so are not terribly bothered by the not so great setting and atmosphere. You may not be able to get a chair and table. We come for the buns!!!!