“Hands down - the worst Customer "Service" I have EVER experinced” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solly's

Solly's
Ranked #1,438 of 3,677 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hands down - the worst Customer "Service" I have EVER experinced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

After waiting in line for a coffee ( 10-12 minutes), I quietly chatted to a friend I had ran into at Solly's. She also complained that she had been waiting for a single bagel for 15 minutes. During the course of our conversation I neglected to hear the cashier say "next". I was prompted by the person behind me that it was now my turn. The cashier overheard me say to my friend while I stood in line that I was "just waiting for a coffee" Unaware that I was not speaking to him directly he snidely and loudly remarked" I can't take your order from over there" I informed him that I had already ordered while I waited in line( from one of the other 6 employees working who were incapable of making a coffee or a bagel in less than 15 minutes). The man who was making my coffee stated " it's an americano" The cashier glared at me and said " well , that's quite different from a coffee, isn't it??". I was quite shocked by the amount of attitude and condescension this guy decided I deserved for walking into a cafe; ordering a coffee, waiting in line for an unnecessarily long time, all the while showing no signs of being anything less then friendly and pleasant! Shocked by his rude remarks I sheepishly handed him by debit card and said sarcastically " wow, you're in a really good mood today" He sharply responded "AM I?" I handed him back the debit machine, which he couldn't take because at that exact moment he decided to check his text messages! ( I kid you not) . When he was done reading he said " ahhh, now I'm in a good mood" I took my Americano and left Solly's for what was without a doubt the very last time. As I was walking out, one of the customer's shouted to the cashier " You should go work in New York" ...Somehow , I don't think it was a compliment.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kali H

vancouver, bc
“Do they ONLY hire incompetents?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

We live in the neighborhood, and we go often for Solly's very good bagels. But if you're hoping to get service, or even hoping to get what you ordered, then forget about it. In the few visits we make there where we order something more complicated than bagels, the staff have left something out 10 times out of 10.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yvrkids
Campbell River, B.C. Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

We stopped in for a quick bite before a show. What a pleasant surprise. Our bagels were great. It was fun trying some of the Jewish foods we have heard about on T.V. but never tasted.

• Visited March 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good bagels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2008

Good bagels

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Singapore, Singapore
“Bagels are amazing and i...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

Bagels are amazing and i love their poppy seed cookies and their chocolate Babkas!