“Great Experience!”

Cuisines: Romanian
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent visit to the Transylvania Flavour Restaurant. The location at Broadway and Arbutus is convenient, but not exotic, yet upon entry to the restaurant, we were immediately impressed by the atmosphere. Decoration is strong, but not overwhelming. Colours and textures mix well to set the tone for your meal. It is easy to imagine we were dining in Eastern Europe!
Our menu choices were varied and very pleasing. Portion sizes were good. Our servers, whom I believe run the restaurant. were knowledgeable and attentive, but - and this was important to me -not over-bearing!
All told, we had a great experience, and tasty food to take home to enjoy the next day! We hope to return to try different menu choices!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was taken for a surprise birthday dinner to this quiet off-Broadway restaurant that features beautifully prepared Eastern-European dishes. Our party all loved their dishes: including Lamb Ossobucco, lamb chops, Chicken Dracula and Chicken a la Sibiu. All was extremely tender, very flavourful, wonderful sauces and old-world gracious service.

1  Thank Carolyn49
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was Our first visit and we were very much looking forward to it. However we felt we experienced a somewhat kurt welcome - we certainly didn't get the attention that regulars seemed to be getting - perhaps because we were using a Groupon voucher? We ordered the Knight's Platter to try out a variety of foods from the menu. However we were disappointed that it came on a cold steel platter, rather than on a heated tray, so by the the time we got to our final items the food was completely cold. Most items were very tasty - the cabbage rolls were particular flavoursome - but the perogies were firm and chewy round the edges - it seemed like they had sat around on a hot plate for more time. Wine at $9 for a 6oz glass isn't cheap. Would we visit again? Probably not I'm afraid.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am a Romanian and I didn't want to lose the opportunity to eat at a Romanian restaurant on the west coast. We were not very hungry when we got into town but we went there anyway. I got the tripe soup, my wife got the meatball soup and both of us ended with cabbage rolls with polenta. All of them were excellent and I would recommend to everyone that wants to try some authentic Romanian cuisine.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I dined at this restaurant after purchasing a Groupon. The food was restricted somewhat by the terms of the Groupon with a choice to be made in appetizer, main and dessert between two menu items. The food was hearty and tasty and service was prompt. There was a "formal" feel to the restaurant which I had not expected because of the location in the Kits area. The price point on the menu was quite high which will discourage frequent visits from us.