“Great quick meal, unique ”
Review of Japadog

Japadog
Ranked #10 of 287 Quick Bites in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Wanted a fast dinner, and saw this stand, which I had read about on trip advisor. We had a regular and a spicy. Both were very good. Will find their California locations in the future!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 21, 2017

As we were walking down Burrard Street, my wife pointed out a picture of Ice Cube! I looked down and realized that it was Ice Cube eating a Japadog. Dumbly I thought, "If Ice Cube eats here, so should I!" So I got a Kobe beef dog from the stand. Expecting it to be the best hotdog of my life, I was extremely underwhelmed. It was good, but not great.

4/5 stars, not recommended

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 9, 2017

What does one do mid-bar hopping in Vancouver? Stop by Japadog of course for a spin on a traditional hot dog! My husband, Omid Moradshahi, was a bit skeptical at first. But at first bite, he instantly regretted doubting my infinite foodie wisdom (my words, not his).

The dogs were really good, but I think we were more impressed how they transformed a food we have had on many occasions to something we would never have expected.

I got the Okonomi (think pancake), and Omid Moradshahi got the veggie terimayo! So, so, so good. From "dog" to the "bun"! If we were to come back, I think I would get the Terimayo without seaweed (though Omid Moradshahi sure did like his sneak bite of it as-is).

Granted, these are $10 dogs, but, we believe, quite worthwhile!

Marjaneh Moradshahi

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank MarjanehMoradshahi
Reviewed September 8, 2017

The Asian spin on hot dog condiments is spectacular. The dogs are made fresh for you and full of tasty Asian flavours. No matter your likes they have the variety. Try the Kurobuta pork sausage and you will be back

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Had the most popular #1 which is pork hot dog with Japanese mayo and seaweed. Not a huge fan of seaweed but it was a great dog. Very juicy and full of flavor. I would give it 5-star on presentation and flavor or the dog. They only take cash and if your from out of town they don't convert currency. We dug through to the bottom of my finances purse to come up with $7.50 for one dog and split it. We'll come back and this time with enough Canadian cash for 2.

Date of visit: August 2017