“I too do not get it”

Cuisines: American, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 11, 2016

I have been dying to try this for years . I finally did and join the people who do not get it. I had a #1 ( most popular!) with a veggie dog. I eat veggie dogs all the time so I'm ok with it. But basically it was a hot dog with fried onions lots of mayo covered with tons of dry nasty seaweed. It was a Super clunker for me and I have no idea what the appeal of this place is more than once. Oh and it was $7 for a hot dog. Super clunk.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank coffeechik

Reviewed November 29, 2016

While the toppings on the dogs are quite unique and delicious, the quality and taste of the actual hot dog meat was not good. I ordered the Terimayo and the Oroshi. Terimayo was ok, but the oroshi's meat was unseasoned and devoid of flavor. Super disappointing. A great hot dog balances excellent meat with fun and flavorful toppings and a fresh bun. These hotdogs only had flavorful toppings

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank XelP
Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

This food truck was recommended for a quick lunch. Had the Beef Terimayo. It was pretty good. I could probably only eat one, the seaweed flavor in conjunction with the hotdog was interesting. Overall a good experience.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

We tried to find lots of different food vans and read about japadog. The hot dogs were nice and had their unusual twist which we haven't come across before.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed October 24, 2016

There's really nothing special about these hot dogs... there's a bit of seaweed and some mayo/.... don't get it ?

Date of visit: October 2016